Notices

Now I think I have every illness going! 😬

Old 03-23-2018, 02:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now I think I have every illness going! 😬

It’s so weird, I’m googling all sorts. Feeling like now that I’m on the road to recovery-I’m gonna die of something else and it’s going to be Kane’s in my drinking? What a cycle! People-it’s so soul destroying!!!!
Old 03-23-2018, 02:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neena View Post
It’s so weird, I’m googling all sorts. Feeling like now that I’m on the road to recovery-I’m gonna die of something else and it’s going to be Kane’s in my drinking? What a cycle! People-it’s so soul destroying!!!!
“Blamed on my drinking”
Old 03-23-2018, 02:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Google Tara Brach and do one or two of her guided meditations for beginners. I really like those. Very calming.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Stop feeding your anxiety.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Perhaps you are trying to self sabotage so "Things are going to become good now that you've stopped drinking...but wait! What if this gets in the way of my happiness?" Why not get out and get on with something that takes you away from your thoughts, the internet and Dr Google.

All the best
Old 03-23-2018, 03:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
J50

Originally Posted by soberista View Post
Perhaps you are trying to self sabotage so "Things are going to become good now that you've stopped drinking...but wait! What if this gets in the way of my happiness?" Why not get out and get on with something that takes you away from your thoughts, the internet and Dr Google.

All the best
I second staying away from Dr. Google. In early sobriety, you may have a ton of anxiety and sensations as your body adjusts to not having alcohol in it. If you are truly worried about your health, go to a doctor and get some blood work done and a check up. Otherwise, you will diagnose yourself with everything under the sun!
Old 03-23-2018, 03:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try and focus on the good thing you're doing for yourself
I thought my death was imminent but over a decade later here I am.

I know early recovery is hard but try and enjoy your new sober life a little Neena

D
Old 03-23-2018, 03:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Same thing happened to me. I became soo paranoid-especially knowing with a sober mind the amount of alcohol I drank in my lifetime. My last withdrawal I became so worried about my heart. Next eeek I'm going to a cardiologist to rule out anything wrong. There's a history of ❤ probs in family. I'm also making eye, gyno and blood work done in the upcoming month. I let all those slide for the last few yrs due to drinking.
Best bet like mentioned get some blood work done. It'll give you peace of mind.
Best to you.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
under new management

I was the same in early recovery. My health anxiety was through the roof. Thankfully I have a very patient and non judgemental doctor

Getting a check up at the doc's might help to ease your mind
Old 03-23-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If your concerned about your health, see a Doctor.

Stay away from websites like WebMD, if you are going to diagnose yourself.

You may end up diagnosisng yourself with every medical condition known to man.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Dr google has me dead 10 years ago or living to 150.

People-it’s so soul destroying!!!!
the great fact is it can be stopped. its very wise to take health concerns to your doctor and not self diagnose.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

It's called "Psych 101". College freshmen taking their first psychology course diagnose themselves with every malady and problem. You'll be OK.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Omg! I have been doing and feeling the same all week! Been in tears thinking about my health! Haven't even been able to enjoy my kids because I'm already thinking I'm dead and won't be here to raise them! You posted pretty much what I've been wanting to post! The replies have helped.....thank you for posting this! Good luck to you.....I hope and pray we all maje it!!!
Old 03-23-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Recoverer of Self

I did the same thing...turned out I had the symptoms of every illness known to mankind and some that Google said only belonged to apes! lol
My poor doc was patient with me...when I thought my kidneys were failing and when I told her I needed to start treatment for Parkinsons! It ran it's course. I chalked it up to the fact that I just couldn't believe I made it out alive! I always thought my alcoholism would surely kill me...even when I was sober...just in a sneakier way!
Hang in there....give Google a break. Breath and relax.
��
Old 03-23-2018, 05:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

I have a love/hate relationship with Dr. Google.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I know the feeling. And while it’s easier said than done, stay off Dr. Google. I’m in the same boat, hate it. But have obvious symptoms. I am very thankful I’m sober. At least I see the symptoms. I wouldn’t see them if I was drunk and wouldn’t be able to talk about them. Sure the anxiety is annoying, but at least were not wasting our lives away as drunk idiots.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Dr. Google had me with every terminal illness on earth. Once you stop searching for the effects of your drinking, to "Local AA meetings" "Addiction center" "SMART meetings" "Alcohol treatment" Then you will get the results you want
Old 03-24-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
It's called "Psych 101". College freshmen taking their first psychology course diagnose themselves with every malady and problem. You'll be OK.
I also took "Abnormal Psychology" in college. That was even worse! LOL

I've also read that new medical students go through the same thing where they have symptoms of various diseases.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rahrah View Post
I did the same thing...turned out I had the symptoms of every illness known to mankind and some that Google said only belonged to apes! lol
My poor doc was patient with me...when I thought my kidneys were failing and when I told her I needed to start treatment for Parkinsons! It ran it's course. I chalked it up to the fact that I just couldn't believe I made it out alive! I always thought my alcoholism would surely kill me...even when I was sober...just in a sneakier way!
Hang in there....give Google a break. Breath and relax.
��
I just read this - it's hysterical.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Lmao. But alcohol is a really bad thing. I have had elevated liver enzymes, gastritis and now I think I have some skin issues and bruises from not falls but because of abuse of alcohol. So far so good but I should have died. Deep breaths help and seeking help is awesome. It took me a long time to seek help, medical and other, but it is a lot better option than worrying or actually having something wrong mentally and physically and not have ways to fix it.