Notices

Day 3, picked up a new hobby

Old 03-22-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3, picked up a new hobby

Day three again, figured I should be some-what productive with my sober time in the evenings. So, instead of laying in bed, watching/listening movies and to music I decided to try a thing I used to do when I was a kid or in early teens.

I always sucked drawing photo realistically, but I´m pretty good at drawing cartoon like and funny characters. Ecpecially animals, since I´m a big friend of animals, I find them all kinda cute and adorable. Bought a pack of A4 printing paper, and some colored pencils, and drawing away.

It´s fun, kinda reminds me of times when I wasn´t used to be addicted to alcohol.

Enjoying my self on this nostalgia trip, but my "hour" is starting and I can already feel the craving. Trying to distract my self by drawing...

All good...
Old 03-22-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey John

Quitting drinking really allows us to find what we really enjoy in life without a drunk filter. keep trying new things or retry the things once enjoyed. I love it.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, people here will not want to hear my stories as it is probably not helpful but should remind us where not to go and that there is a a way up. When in jail for DUI I traded drawings for instant coffeee, phone time and other stuff. I made lots of birthday cards, relationship cards and such. You will do it for fun and maybe more. It will be appreciated.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can barely remember what I done before drink and drugs
Old 03-22-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you John

D