Notices

Fioricet W/Codeine Withdrawals HELP!

Old 03-21-2018, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fioricet W/Codeine Withdrawals HELP!

A few years ago my doctor prescribed Fioricet with Codeine and Fiorinal without Codeine. I took only as needed. But, in the past 6-7 months, I've been taking around 4-6 a day. I quit cold turkey 15 days ago. I didn't have any seizures, thankfully. I'm pretty much over the physical pains. BUT - my anxiety is horrible, plus depression. I would so appreciate hearing from someone who has been in my situation and to let me know that this will go away. It's hard to live like this - anxiety, panic attacks, overwhelming sadness, constant worry. I make myself eat healthy and exercise every day, and it's hard. Also, how long before I begin to feel normal again. I just want to feel normal.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ok so I don't have experience with detox from fieoricet but I did, just today, get prescribed it for my increasing migraines. I have a small supply (10) before I see my neurologist. I took it for 7 years as needed from18-25 with no issues, now as needed was maybe 4 a month.

Are you taking it for migraines? It's my understanding that if you have very regular migraines there are much better meds now to treat them.....say if you have them several times a week. Did you simply start taking more to get high or did you need them....or perceive you needed them? Can the dr help you with a taper? Be very honest with your dr. There may be something they can give you very short term to handle the anxiety. I don't think detox from this med can cause seizures but I'm sure it can be uncomfortable.

Talk with your dr, k?
Old 03-21-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was prescribed for migraines. My gyno, who didn't prescribe them, saw that I had filled three prescriptions for them in a month and had a "talk" with me. I knew I was taking too much. Sometimes I would take them just to relax and sometimes for headaches. After our talk, I didn't take another. I had 3 days of rebound headaches and anxiety, which hasn't gone away. My regular doctor upped my Zoloft to help with the anxiety, but it hasn't taken effect yet, if it does.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome pcmiller

I'm sorry for the anxiety - some meds take a few weeks to bed in, but if nothing seems to be helping I'd definitely go back to your Dr.

D