Notices

Day 3 and a Familiar Refrain for Many of Us: Anxiety

Old 03-21-2018, 08:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 and a Familiar Refrain for Many of Us: Anxiety

So I am on Day 3 (will be starting Day 4 at 5:30 p.m.

Yesterday had a very good day. Great business meeting in the morning, and even better meeting with a client later in the afternoon. Avoided the airport bar, and went home and had a nice night with the wife. And had some of the best sleep I've had in a while.

But as I woke up from bizarre dreams, and dreams of sadness and regret, I woke up. My mind started racing. I am in the middle of a big business deal and all I could think of was the deal collapsing, and then other doomsday scenarios about a whole host of things. Then the AV started talking to me: just a few glasses of wine to get through the morning and get your work done.

I have not given in though, and I will not. Just need to get through the day, even if my hands shake while I am at my computer. I know its physiological. My anxiety eases through the day. It helped to pray this morning though.

I'll work as best I can, get a vigorous workout in, and go to a meeting. Also do some meditation. Wish I could do it now, but I have too much to do this morning. I had to post though. I find it does help.

Have a great day y'all. I will do my best to have one as well.

Btw, do others find their anxiety is worst in the mornings? I hear it is pretty common. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horn95 View Post
So I am on Day 3 (will be starting Day 4 at 5:30 p.m.

Yesterday had a very good day. Great business meeting in the morning, and even better meeting with a client later in the afternoon. Avoided the airport bar, and went home and had a nice night with the wife. And had some of the best sleep I've had in a while.

But as I woke up from bizarre dreams, and dreams of sadness and regret, I woke up. My mind started racing. I am in the middle of a big business deal and all I could think of was the deal collapsing, and then other doomsday scenarios about a whole host of things. Then the AV started talking to me: just a few glasses of wine to get through the morning and get your work done.

I have not given in though, and I will not. Just need to get through the day, even if my hands shake while I am at my computer. I know its physiological. My anxiety eases through the day. It helped to pray this morning though.

I'll work as best I can, get a vigorous workout in, and go to a meeting. Also do some meditation. Wish I could do it now, but I have too much to do this morning. I had to post though. I find it does help.

Have a great day y'all. I will do my best to have one as well.

Btw, do others find their anxiety is worst in the mornings? I hear it is pretty common. Thanks!
It does get better, I was also feeling anxiety earlier but now 3hrs on it’s much less. You can do this-by 5:30 you’ll be at Day 4-and wow! Just try to keep busy and don’t let the thoughts get in your head, having a glass of wine will just add anxiety if not today definitely tomorrow whereas abstaining will give you strength. I’m thinking about you and your post has helped me!
Old 03-21-2018, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neena View Post
It does get better, I was also feeling anxiety earlier but now 3hrs on it’s much less. You can do this-by 5:30 you’ll be at Day 4-and wow! Just try to keep busy and don’t let the thoughts get in your head, having a glass of wine will just add anxiety if not today definitely tomorrow whereas abstaining will give you strength. I’m thinking about you and your post has helped me!
Thanks for the support. And the same to you.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I rely on the techniques I've learned from many sources including urge surfing - which also applies to anxiety. You ever check that out?

Search the boards for urge surfing and you'll probably find the post Dee put up years ago.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There are new timed-release Melatonin patches (all natural) for sleep and/or anxiety. And yes, everything looks really scary from 2 am til wakeup time!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
I rely on the techniques I've learned from many sources including urge surfing - which also applies to anxiety. You ever check that out?

Search the boards for urge surfing and you'll probably find the post Dee put up years ago.
Yeah, I read that. It is essentially mindful meditation. I need to start getting up earlier and meditating. I have some guided mediations that are very good.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horn95 View Post
Yeah, I read that. It is essentially mindful meditation. I need to start getting up earlier and meditating. I have some guided mediations that are very good.
Yes but I like the "urge" focus.

I practice TM and it's so valuable in and of itself. For me though the urge surfing technique is separate from my meditation practice.

Surfing the urges provides me tangible experience that objectifies my urges and my Beast - the actual experience of feeling, knowing and seeing them separate from me is really helpful I find.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Yes but I like the "urge" focus.

I practice TM and it's so valuable in and of itself. For me though the urge surfing technique is separate from my meditation practice.

Surfing the urges provides me tangible experience that objectifies my urges and my Beast - the actual experience of feeling, knowing and seeing them separate from me is really helpful I find.
thanks. that makes sense.