Notices

Needing a lift

Old 03-19-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Needing a lift

Bad day went and got wine wanting to black out and forgot my life so to speak but know it’s not the right thing to do so reaching out to change my mind positive advice thoughts and remind me it’s worth it plz and thanks you
Take care y’all
Old 03-19-2018, 03:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dump it away is the refrain you'll hear here and I couldn't agree more.

That beautiful boy in your profile pic is reason enough.

No one is coming to save us.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How long have you been sober? Just know that as bad a day as you had, drinking that wine will only make it worse. Pour it out.

You had the strength to get at least to this point — just stick it out a little longer. Get through this evening, and things will seem better in the morning. And you’ll good about yourself.

One thing is sure, things will be worse in the morning if you down even a sip. Believe me. I am fighting right along with you.

Good idea to post before drinking. Again, pout it out.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dump the wine and let us know why you want to "blackout/forget your life." I'm positive,from extensive research over the years, the answers are NOT at the top or bottom of a bottle of booze. I've looked a lot!
Old 03-19-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
Dump the wine and let us know why you want to "blackout/forget your life." I'm positive,from extensive research over the years, the answers are NOT at the top or bottom of a bottle of booze. I've looked a lot!
Blackout means no depression and dealing without my bipolar medication not my choice doctor switch and pharmacy doesn’t have it in stock going on 4 days now and of self hate depression and other stuff
Old 03-19-2018, 03:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
Blackout means no depression and dealing without my bipolar medication not my choice doctor switch and pharmacy doesn’t have it in stock going on 4 days now and of self hate depression and other stuff
You can go to the emergency room. Being unmedicated with bipolar is dangerous. You could get your meds that way I am sure. Even if just to get you by for a few days.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I thought about ER but tomorrow should be the day my medication comes in if not I’m going to have to go to ER cause my own thoughts scare me and I’m tired of living in addiction and scared
Old 03-19-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I really hope they get your meds in tomorrow Nichole. I can't believe it's taken them that long to order them in - your health is at stake! I think it's a great plan to go to the hospital tomorrow if the pharmacy doesn't have the meds by then.

For tonight, any chance you can just get your mind off of things? I know it's easier said than done, but any show you want to binge watch? A movie you want to see? Are your kids with you tonight? For me, at my lowest points, I would go and cuddle with my kids and just spend time with them. That always brought me some peace of mind and resolve, knowing that I needed to be there for them (and that they love me unconditionally).

Take care of yourself. We're here for you!

JT
Old 03-19-2018, 04:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

First time I’ve have said this and can’t believe it but I’m wanting to go to ER but worried what my family will think they don’t know how bad things ares I’m tired and sick of theses thoughts
Old 03-19-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think going to the ER to get your meds would be a million times better than opening that bottle

Honestly, I think your family probably know more than you realise?

D
Old 03-19-2018, 04:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I would go to a&e. Stopping any meds is dangerous,especially bipolar
medication. My ex was on mood stabilisers and it wasnt nice when she missed
the dose even for one night.

This forum can be great to help. The booze might let you "escape"
but you wont feel great tomorrow.

What about cooking something? its a good distraction and you
gotta eat right? i tend to fire up the cooker if i need to fill time.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nichole, please pour out the wine. It won't help anything. What will help is staying sober and getting your medication. The ER is a good idea, your health is most important right now x
Old 03-19-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
J50

I don't know how you are feeling, but do know that any relief we think alcohol provides is very temporary and will lead to further pain. Don't start the cycle over again.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks y’all
I’m setting debating husband said hospital won’t do much just wait for medication tomorrow but i know a pill won’t make theses feelings go away but he is leaving for work and just me and kids maybe they can help me make it through the night I know I shouldn’t listen to my husband he said he needed to take me somewhere and lock me up which was little hurtful but what’s those hotline numbers again cuz my worse enemy is something in the house that’s goes bang and I’m over thinking it
Old 03-19-2018, 05:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Nichole, here is the link to the hotline numbers:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ease-read.html
Old 03-19-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks Emme
Old 03-19-2018, 05:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Emme

D
Old 03-19-2018, 06:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey Nichole, if you ever feel like you need to go to the hospital or really need some in person support, do you have some other folks to turn to in your area? Family or friends? Someone who could watch your little ones if you have to make yourself a priority and head to the emerg while your husband is at work?
Old 03-19-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JayTee33 View Post
Hey Nichole, if you ever feel like you need to go to the hospital or really need some in person support, do you have some other folks to turn to in your area? Family or friends? Someone who could watch your little ones if you have to make yourself a priority and head to the emerg while your husband is at work?
Yes my mom would be it’s an hour drive but her hospital there is better anyway
Old 03-19-2018, 06:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nichole, trust your instincts about going to the hospital. Take care of yourself.