Notices

Favorite NA drinks

Old 03-18-2018, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Favorite NA drinks

Thought I would bring this up as there are lots of new members. When you feel you need to have a drink in hand, what's your favorites.

Mine: 25/75 tonic water and seltzer with a fresh squeezed lime. Super refreshing with just a hint of sour. Tonic has as much sugar as Soda so I don't like too much.

Also like any flavored seltzer with cut fruit in the glass. Even the drinkers comment on how good it looks.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rar

I stick to flavored sparkling water. I drink a lot of it, so I purchase what's on sale. Probably my favorite brands are Dansani or LaCroix. I'm a former beer drinker, which is probably why I like fizzy drinks. If I've got a bad crave, I splurge on one of the new diet Coke flavors, either cherry or orange. It has more fizzies than the regular diet coke or pepsi products. I limit myself to one, maybe 2 per day.

At night I like either chamomile or sleepytime tea.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Love any diet fizzy drinks, especially diet coke
However this past 6days I've begun enjoying a coffee in the evening and dunking a bit of chocolate in
Also drinking peppermint tea to help digestion.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cold sparkling water for me.
I go through crates of the stuff.
Think I’m contributing to most of the oceans plastic problems.
Might go retro and get a soda stream machine
Old 03-18-2018, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I drink tea, all different kinds.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If i'm home water w/lemon and diet mtn. dew. If I'm out or at a party cran/soda or water.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Italian soda.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good old orange juice.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Coca Cola

I used to practically live on it and almost never drank...I was on some other medications that didn't mix well with alcohol..little by little I had less access to them and by the time I came back to the US from Costa Rica I was already drinking vodka first thing in themorning but since being back I have no access to any of the medications that helped me before...and since alcohol is readilly available I took to drinking energy drinks to chase my vodka all day everyday for a while then I lost some work, broke some bones, am currently homeless (which is ironic becausemanyntimes I would go to a sobering center to get out of the cold and rain
..but you had to be drunk to get in and they will even hold your bottle until the next day. Kind of counterintuitive but $20 for vodka is less than $120 for a cheap hotel here (I practically lived in hotels there $20-30 per night for a decent place
.And you can rent a large apartment for $2-300 no lease no application fee no credit check. Here in Seattle it's several hundred application fee, have perfect credit, long term employment, and stable rental history...then if you lease it for a year you can get a studio apartment for $1800 or so. Parking here is more than lots of apartments there and it warm and doesn't rain all day everyday.... luckily I stopped driving shortly after my 3rd DUIOwell ten years later...that's a big reason I went to Costa Rica in the first place lots of nencu warrants no license no insurance there it was just $500 and I didn't even have to wait in line or take a test...but taxis there are everywhere and very affordable..I got married had kids and stayed for 20 years on a beautiful tropical beach. Bit working foryself made it easier to drink more since I was the boss..well my wife I guess but no one was looking over my shoulder slowly it got out of control
Hopefully now I can change, gety act together and get back my feet and go visit.my kids from there me to time...for now getting sober and not dying soon is my main concern.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Coca Cola

Originally Posted by BodhiMarshall View Post
I used to practically live on it and almost never drank...I was on some other medications that didn't mix well with alcohol..little by little I had less access to them and by the time I came back to the US from Costa Rica I was already drinking vodka first thing in themorning but since being back I have no access to any of the medications that helped me before...and since alcohol is readilly available I took to drinking energy drinks to chase my vodka all day everyday for a while then I lost some work, broke some bones, am currently homeless (which is ironic becausemanyntimes I would go to a sobering center to get out of the cold and rain
..but you had to be drunk to get in and they will even hold your bottle until the next day. Kind of counterintuitive but $20 for vodka is less than $120 for a cheap hotel here (I practically lived in hotels there $20-30 per night for a decent place
.And you can rent a large apartment for $2-300 no lease no application fee no credit check. Here in Seattle it's several hundred application fee, have perfect credit, long term employment, and stable rental history...then if you lease it for a year you can get a studio apartment for $1800 or so. Parking here is more than lots of apartments there and it warm and doesn't rain all day everyday.... luckily I stopped driving shortly after my 3rd DUIOwell ten years later...that's a big reason I went to Costa Rica in the first place lots of nencu warrants no license no insurance there it was just $500 and I didn't even have to wait in line or take a test...but taxis there are everywhere and very affordable..I got married had kids and stayed for 20 years on a beautiful tropical beach. Bit working foryself made it easier to drink more since I was the boss..well my wife I guess but no one was looking over my shoulder slowly it got out of control
Hopefully now I can change, gety act together and get back my feet and go visit.my kids from there me to time...for now getting sober and not dying soon is my main concern.

On the bright side I no longer have access to $2 crack cocaine...which I usually only did when very drunk and after a day or two would need a lot more alcohol to get my nerves back to normal...and of course at this point I didn't see how a few more drinks could hurt and it was dejavu all over again. Toouch infot probably...I do have epic drinking stories though that time I feel off the roof attempting a headstand, the time I almost bled to death on my birthday after a bar fight
The time I got a cpmpund fracture when a mini van hit me..stay tuned.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

bottled water, diet coke and the occasional cold glass of milk.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

V8
Old 03-18-2018, 02:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Water, lemon-lime seltzer and the new Diet Coke (blood orange flavor)
Old 03-18-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Lime cordial, chilled sparkling water with ice-lush!
Old 03-18-2018, 02:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Herbal teas (hot and iced)
Old 03-18-2018, 03:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hot tea and coffee.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I know it's not the best thing for some alcoholics to drink but I love kombucha! I don't find it triggering and it makes me feel like I'm putting something super healthy in my body
Old 03-18-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

La Croix, Dasanti and plain iced tea.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Keep hearing about la croix. I'll have to try it.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sometimes I make strong hibiscus tea and keep it chilled in the fridge. Then I add soda water and lemon to it