Notices

My significant other- court ordered rehab

Old 03-18-2018, 12:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My significant other- court ordered rehab

I'm new to rehabilitation programs, I'm so uncertain and confused about what my boyfriend has to go through now that he has drug treatment court. They agreed on a rehab program. I'm worried...I am hoping someone on here may have been through this and can offer advice about it. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2018, 03:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

whats to worry about? if he has a drug problem, then drug treatment court seems like a good start for him to see the problem and start the road to recovery.

why are you confused and uncertain about the consequences he has to face for his actions?
ive been through court ordered programs. i wasnt ready for help.
hope your BF is ready for help.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

My1,

Ime....I had to want to be clean with all of my heart.

Breaking through the addiction cycle was hell on earth.

The suffering was worse than anything I have ever experienced.

I will relate it to having a cold for over a year, and the whole time part of me is saying....use and you will feel better.

Unless the other part of me wanting to quit could win the mental battle, I would relapse...over and over until I go crazy.

That is what started to happen to me. Folks start hearing voices, seeing things, have hellish anxiety etc.

The dr. Prescribes depression meds. Etc.

Sounds like your boy's problem is already out of the bag though, so he might already have an rx.

Anyway, using and taking meds is a whole new level of hell on earth that I never personally dealt with.

Bottom line...I had to want to fight for my life.

Thanks.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have not personally been through drug court but know many that have.

There's nothing to be concerned about as a long as he follows the program. If he's not ready and doesn't abide by the agreement then he'll pay the consequences. If he is ready the consequence could be he gets sober and gets another chance to live.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My advice would be to break it off and let him focus on his sobriety and you focus on you. Living with an addict and a recovering addict isn’t easy. Is there any kids involved?

This isn’t harsh by any means and it’s tiugh to give more advice with any background info. All I know is that sometimes the best thing you can do to help an addict is detach with love. Remember to put yourself first. There’s really nothing you can do to help him. He had to help himself. Is he ready? Does he want it or is he just going it because it is court ordered?
Old 03-18-2018, 10:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was court ordered to AA and it gave me the kickstart towards the sobriety I had been trying to get for a couple years. It is a long road and I did have to cut people from my life to focus on my sobriety. Some have returned and some haven't,but I'm sober a bit over a year and leading a healthier life now mentally,physically and spiritually.