Notices

I have BIG NEWS!!!

Old 03-16-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have BIG NEWS!!!

After over 10 years of going up and down with my sobriety. From having a mortgage and getting out of the mortgage with my brothers. Going through jobs and jobs. I have a stable job now and doing well and save up over $25k. I'm living with my parents over 8 years and now, I put in an offer for a CONDO!!!!
Old 03-16-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MrBrad

On up.
Yay!
Old 03-16-2018, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That’s fabulous news! Huge congrats! What an achievement!!!
Old 03-16-2018, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Right on!! Good for you!
Old 03-16-2018, 11:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations WhyNotNowMe

D
Old 03-17-2018, 02:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's awesome!
Old 03-17-2018, 02:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wonderful! Congratulations!
Old 03-17-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Old 03-17-2018, 05:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rar

Wonderful news! Congratulations!
Old 03-17-2018, 12:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think a condo is a great idea. After having had five houses over the years and the aggravation that goes with it, I totally get the idea of a condo now.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Finding a condo is getting me really upset. The area I go to they get sold really quick. In a few days. I don't want to go over budget because I don't need the stress in my life with being house poor. Please I don't need the excuse to drink because of that. Any ideas you guys have when you went shopping for a home? I want to live closer to the city and the highway. The longer I wait the higher the prices goes up. The area I look at all the homes has gone up by $20k in the last 2 years. :-/
Old 03-21-2018, 12:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhyNotNowMe View Post
Finding a condo is getting me really upset. The area I go to they get sold really quick. In a few days. I don't want to go over budget because I don't need the stress in my life with being house poor. Please I don't need the excuse to drink because of that. Any ideas you guys have when you went shopping for a home? I want to live closer to the city and the highway. The longer I wait the higher the prices goes up. The area I look at all the homes has gone up by $20k in the last 2 years. :-/
Find a great real estate agent to work with. One that's done some solid work for friends/family of yours. The market's pretty hot right now,so you may have to 'settle' on some 'wants',but you can always sale in a few years and move on up. Congrats!
Old 03-21-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Okay. Breathe.

There will be a place for you. Just keep doing things to make it happen. Get a Realtor. Go out with him/her and look every chance you get. Make offers, you may not get the first or second or third place - especially condos, and especially if your local market is hot. You may not get the exact area you want. First homes are like that!

I live in a condo, and I looked for a while.

There is a learning curve.

You'll find the right place. Have faith.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

The real estate market can be really tough these days.

Since you don't want to go over budget (and I agree completely), maybe try looking at places that are priced below what you want to spend. It also helps to be able to put in a clean offer, so do you have a pre-approved mortgage? And, have a 'wish list' and know which items on the list you are willing to compromise on and which are 'must haves'.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
The real estate market can be really tough these days.

Since you don't want to go over budget (and I agree completely), maybe try looking at places that are priced below what you want to spend. It also helps to be able to put in a clean offer, so do you have a pre-approved mortgage? And, have a 'wish list' and know which items on the list you are willing to compromise on and which are 'must haves'.
I'm pre approved for a loan and have everything setup to get into a place in 15 days. Which most people would take 30 to 45 days. I did all my finance to know how much I can spend on a mortgage, gas, water, electric and HOA. I can get a house instead of a condo and spend more because no HOA fees but I don't need a 3000sqft place. 1200sqft condo is good enough for me. :-)
Old 03-22-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Those HOA fees are stuff you'd pay for in a house, too - just you pay a bit at a time instead of all at once.

I love condo living, but I'm on the top floor and an end unit - and that took a lot of looking and was my non-negotiable part. I ended up in a one bedroom instead of the two I wanted, but being top floor/end unit is like having a little quiet tree-house. I love it.

Good luck! Patience is a good thing in house-hunting. I sold Real Estate for years, it's just a numbers game.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Those HOA fees are stuff you'd pay for in a house, too - just you pay a bit at a time instead of all at once.

I love condo living, but I'm on the top floor and an end unit - and that took a lot of looking and was my non-negotiable part. I ended up in a one bedroom instead of the two I wanted, but being top floor/end unit is like having a little quiet tree-house. I love it.

Good luck! Patience is a good thing in house-hunting. I sold Real Estate for years, it's just a numbers game.
I'm looking for a bottom floor because I do cardio in my place and I can't do that stuff if I'm on the second or third floor. So thats not an option. Also more people like to be on the bottom floor too. There are less restrains too.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I love condo living! I've been spending a lot of time at the condo I rent out to my family. When I come back to my 'empty' house all I see are 'projects' and things that need to be done(pool,yard,ect..). My condo has 3 pools,gym,tanning,'clubhouse' and I guess an elf cleans/takes care of everything while I sleep? Sooo nice just to enjoy those things without the upkeep. Only upside with my house is entertaining/out of town guests,but I don't do that as often since stopping drinking.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

A condo is that some kind of bird
Well done mate
Old 03-22-2018, 08:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Congrats! That is wonderful news! Really happy for you!
Hope everything goes smoothly for you! Enjoy your new life in a condo!