Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

It's like I've been living in a dense tired fog all these years.

Notices

Old 03-16-2018, 12:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober for just over 3 weeks and I am astonished at how my quality of life has improved.
I all of a sudden find myself with a shopping and to list that is far more than I can hande in one weekend. I now have my earphones a lot to listen to music for a the first time in years.
Amazingly I ordered a book again from Amazon, suggested by my psychologist and I have not read in years. I also started a herb garden, I incite friends over and cook for a change.

My psychologist helped me to get to where I am now. She is taking a holistic approach and working downwards from my current issues, deeper and deeper into the past.
It is a great place to be and the daily dose of Antabuse will stay with me for the rest of my life.. It is a good prophylactic, a very good one.
My Psychiatrist adjusted my meds and between her, muself and the psychologists I am now feeling incredibly calm. I don't think I have ever felt this calm.

My performance at work has skyrocketed.

**** where have I been!
Old 03-16-2018, 12:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It’s sounds like you are in a really good place atm, I am so pleased for you, and 3 weeks is such an achievement! Be careful though not to overdo things early on, make sure you take it easy ang give yourself plenty of TLC. I’ve been known to relapse after trying to accomplish too much too soon, as if trying to recuperate the time lost to drinking, and then suddenly feeling overwhelmed.
You are doing great! Take care
Old 03-16-2018, 04:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 weeks, and I totally relate to your post! I feel like I'm gradually starting to live again instead of being zombie-like. Keep it up! Sounds like you have great things going!
Old 03-16-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you. These blogs on SR are truly helping me stay sober.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rar

HI Droog. Well done on 3 weeks. Sounds like you have a good psychologist and things are going well.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

great job on 3 weeks!! welcome to SR!
Old 03-16-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I remember driving to a job site for the first time not hungover in about 15 years and was amazing how much more pleasant the drive was.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done and I'm glad you're feeling so good!

Listening to music and reading were two things I got back to immediately, and I couldn't believe how I had managed without for those years.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

congrats, droog
Old 03-16-2018, 03:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to read of your happiness, Droog. I, too, stopped reading (couldn't concentrate or retain anything) & listening to music. Not sure what I even did with all my time? I'm so thankful we've rejoined the living.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Well done and I'm glad you're feeling so good!

Listening to music and reading were two things I got back to immediately, and I couldn't believe how I had managed without for those years.
I noticed that I have not listened to music in so long and I didn't know why. I felt and still so far behind. And I have had the same two books on my night stand for about 5 years.

I look forward to reading soon.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 weeks. I don't have two yet but I feel so much better so I know you must be feeling like a rock star!!!