Notices

Trying Really Hard Not to Drink Today

Old 03-15-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying Really Hard Not to Drink Today

Okay so tomorrow I will be a week sober (yay!) but it feels like today everything isn't going the way it's suppose to and all I want is to drink. I know it's because my support system isn't around today (my boyfriend is on a business trip for the day, my brother got diagnosed with asperger's on Monday, and my mom has the flu) I also have to go to the doctor's today (I'm terrified of the doctor's) and am also afraid to leave my house because I got into another argument with my neighbor over my dog and just. I'm trying to distract myself with school work but I can't focus on anything because my mind is going a mile a minute. I know this is all just dumb petty stuff and there are people with real issues but I just needed to vent.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Vent away. Life stinks some days.

So much worse when the booze wears off and regret, shame, embarrassment, fear, anxiety and illness creep back in though. Right?
Old 03-15-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Nice start with a week sober! It's not dumb stuff and your issues are your issues, not any more or less important than anyone else's. I know how difficult it can be.

Going it alone trying to stay sober never worked very well in my case; sooner or later I would cave and have to drink again, just to get some relief.

The only thing that made it more bearable and a little easier was having people help me that had been through it themselves. For me, that was AA (there are other things, including SR) and I first started going when I was 21. Most people were older than me, but we all had the same problem with alcohol and the same feelings about things. The 12 steps showed me how to live without feeling I needed to drink to cope or have fun.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

How did the day end up Jess?

D