Notices

Sugar

Old 03-14-2018, 03:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hopefor2018

Sugar

I wondered when the sugar cravings would kick in.... they did after about 5 days.

When I'm drinking, I never eat sweets. Now I crave them.

Last time I gave up drinking, I was big into Oreo cookies. My daughter, in high school at the time, said to me, "Wow, you're really killing those mom", as I have just eaten a whole row of them. Teenage daughters are very brutal mirrors may I mention.

This time it's peanut M&Ms and I am much more mindful of the quantity.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Hope. Mine kicked in too around 8-10 days and probably include more carbs than actual sugar. I don't buy cookies, but have been eating handfuls of cereal. 5 days is awesome. Just baby yourself for now. Don't worry about it. Concentrate on maintaining your sobriety. The rest will settle down. Keep it going.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning !
I turned to chocolate pretty much immediately...
I've now changed to toffee popcorn to keep me sane in the evenings !
Old 03-14-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mine kicked in as I started eating again, so around 4-5 weeks. Peaks and valleys since as I have just passed 2 yrs. Right now I am in a heavy exercising routine- and eat healthily except for my problem with frozen yogurt (vanilla with choc chip cookies) and lemon poppy seed muffins Most of my sugar binge periods have been specific like that!

I'm still working on it and while I know that my tummy would be pretty flat and as conditioned as the rest of me if I cut that stuff out, I have not committed to it. Alcohol was way easier.

Keep going sober and be kind to yourself - seems most people have this craving fade more easily than moi!