Notices

Depressed, drunk, scared

Old 03-12-2018, 05:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Depressed, drunk, scared

I’ve been here plenty of times, and I keep drinking. I hope I’m still welcome here. I’m sorry.
I’ve been so depressed. I know the booze just makes it worse.
Today I was supposed to have surgery but hospital schedule switched dates to 6 weeks from now. I’m in a deeper funk than usual but that’s no excuse.
I’ve been drinking too much for many years. I have so many excuses. And I know none of them are reason enough to not change.
Im so thankful that even tho I’m still weak, I have this place to read of others strengths. Thank you for sharing your stories
Old 03-12-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you are scheduled for surgery, does your surgeon know how much you drink? It could interfere with anesthesia, and the post-surgical healing. Be careful. This reschedule could be an example of grace.

If you quit today you will be in much better shape to heal from the medical procedure.

It's worth it. Of course you're welcome here.

Now, what's your plan for the quit?
Old 03-12-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, I say I drink every day and they have my blood work.
I don’t like pain meds, they make me very nauseous and with prior procedures I don’t take them.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LifeChanges View Post
I’ve been here plenty of times, and I keep drinking. I hope I’m still welcome here. I’m sorry.
I’ve been so depressed. I know the booze just makes it worse.
Today I was supposed to have surgery but hospital schedule switched dates to 6 weeks from now. I’m in a deeper funk than usual but that’s no excuse.
I’ve been drinking too much for many years. I have so many excuses. And I know none of them are reason enough to not change.
Im so thankful that even tho I’m still weak, I have this place to read of others strengths. Thank you for sharing your stories
You are very welcome here, drinking or not. You are not hurting us, but you are hurting yourself. Strength can be gained sometimes by doing. What about not drinking today and making a plan that can help you out of this? Just think about where you could be a year from now looking back if you decided to make a change for the better? What are your possibilities?
Old 03-12-2018, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I here you. I panic when I don't have booze. Shiver and shake too. Vicious cycle to be in. Admitting it is definitely the number one thing. I'm only 39 also which really dosent matter but just to put into context.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey, LifeChanges. I'm sorry you are feeling depressed; I know that hopelessness very well. Things aren't really hopeless, though. If you stop drinking today your depression will ease, your health will improve and you will be in a lot better shape for your surgery. It's not at all easy but it is simple. You are in my thoughts and I am rooting for you.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Alcoholism has a tendency to make all of us drunk, depressed and scared. Sorry you are feeling low, I hope you find the strength to get sobered up and find tools for recovery. How about thinking about your kids....didn't you just post your 17 year old texted you about an 400 year old tree? And that made you feel good?
Old 03-12-2018, 12:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
If you are scheduled for surgery, does your surgeon know how much you drink? It could interfere with anesthesia, and the post-surgical healing. Be careful. This reschedule could be an example of grace.

If you quit today you will be in much better shape to heal from the medical procedure.

It's worth it. Of course you're welcome here.

Now, what's your plan for the quit?
^^^^This.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Very glad that you are here and talking with us. That speaks volumes, LifeChanges

Great responses above.

Have you seen Dee's threads on the importance of a Plan. I will post a link in a minute.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

As promised:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...highlight=psst (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)
Old 03-12-2018, 12:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Another really good thread:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...at-we-did.html (Recovery Programs & What to Expect (What We Did))
Old 03-12-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes I did. We like to share animal or nature internet stuff.
Today he asked me why I seem so tired. I’m so ashamed.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I ran across an old presentation by Father Martin. This is about the first step. It is awesome. Give it a look see, maybe it will be enlightening and helpful. I have not posted enough to copy and paste a link, so just google search Father Martin AA. Good luck
Old 03-12-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you're feeling low. We have all been there. Please remember that you are only human, and humans aren't perfect. They make mistakes. We all do. But coming back to this forum is a step in the right direction. Never give up giving up: you've had relapses, but that doesn't mean that you can't commit to quitting again, and you have the strength within you to make it stick this time. Appreciate that the depression and anxiety, while real, is grossly compounded right now by the hangover and withdrawals. It WILL get better. We are all here for you.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You've got some great advice so just sending support, LC
Old 03-12-2018, 02:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by golfreggie View Post
I ran across an old presentation by Father Martin. This is about the first step. It is awesome. Give it a look see, maybe it will be enlightening and helpful. I have not posted enough to copy and paste a link, so just google search Father Martin AA. Good luck
I second that. It was the first AA presentation I viewed. It is excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIbAn16mqlI
Old 03-12-2018, 11:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Lifechanges

D