Notices

Day 5, I ran into one of the last people I wanted to see...

Old 03-10-2018, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5, I ran into one of the last people I wanted to see...

I am on Day 5 on a work trip which landed me in an ALL INCLUSIVE hotel with a big bar and co workers anxious to DRINK. Super anxious to have FREE DRINKS.

Once I stop, I am usually ok but I had a super stressful day today. I ran into someone that was absolutely probably the last person that I wanted to see, second last person (an ex boyfriend tops that). There was no where for me to go, people around me watched me visually melt down that is how bad I did not want to deal with this person. I took a xanax which helped me not jump out of a non existent window.

I wanted to drink. I wanted to do anything. I wish I had a mini in my purse but I didn't. I could access alcohol but I just did not want to go backwards. It passed and I gained composture. I was fine but then I realize that I am staying at an all inclusive hotel.

BUT I went down and met my coworkers, enjoyed the buffet and told my coworker friends that I was doing a cleanse and also on medication. Once I FINALLY stop I am USUALLY ok, unless I of course start again lol. But it is less the cravings as it is that I THINK I can handle drinking.

I had some swedish fish as a treat instead.

Day 6 here I come. I feel like if I can get past that encounter then I am more focused on not going back than ever before.

Thanks for reading
Old 03-10-2018, 08:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job PinkPanther I'm glad you got through it. Early congrats on day 6!
Old 03-11-2018, 12:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PinkPanther08 View Post
I am on Day 5 on a work trip which landed me in an ALL INCLUSIVE hotel with a big bar and co workers anxious to DRINK. Super anxious to have FREE DRINKS.

Once I stop, I am usually ok but I had a super stressful day today. I ran into someone that was absolutely probably the last person that I wanted to see, second last person (an ex boyfriend tops that). There was no where for me to go, people around me watched me visually melt down that is how bad I did not want to deal with this person. I took a xanax which helped me not jump out of a non existent window.

I wanted to drink. I wanted to do anything. I wish I had a mini in my purse but I didn't. I could access alcohol but I just did not want to go backwards. It passed and I gained composture. I was fine but then I realize that I am staying at an all inclusive hotel.

BUT I went down and met my coworkers, enjoyed the buffet and told my coworker friends that I was doing a cleanse and also on medication. Once I FINALLY stop I am USUALLY ok, unless I of course start again lol. But it is less the cravings as it is that I THINK I can handle drinking.

I had some swedish fish as a treat instead.

Day 6 here I come. I feel like if I can get past that encounter then I am more focused on not going back than ever before.

Thanks for reading
Great your doing well.
I'm now on day 8. My co workers think I'm on a diet cleanse. Just I plan to say in a month or 2 that I feel terrific and want to feel like this forever.
I would love to just blurt out to everyone
I'M an Alcoholic! I think I need to find some aa meetings i have too much to vent .
Keep up the good work
Old 03-11-2018, 12:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Excellent job, PinkPanther!
Old 03-11-2018, 03:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hopefor2018

Did my taxes yesterday. If that didn't make me drink then nothing will!
Old 03-11-2018, 05:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I admire your strength SO MUCH! Free drinks, colleagues boozing, a work trip and then throw in a unwanted encounter as well... and you got through it! Bravo and huge respect. I can see myself being in that situation in the near future and I am going to remember reading this post.

Hopefor2018, happy to see you comment too: we made it through the weekend! Want to come do my taxes too please?
Old 03-11-2018, 01:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice job Pink. Those moments can be big hurdles. Great job clearing it!
Old 03-11-2018, 10:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sophie11 View Post
I admire your strength SO MUCH! Free drinks, colleagues boozing, a work trip and then throw in a unwanted encounter as well... and you got through it! Bravo and huge respect. I can see myself being in that situation in the near future and I am going to remember reading this post.

Hopefor2018, happy to see you comment too: we made it through the weekend! Want to come do my taxes too please?
Thank you so so much!

Please remember it in knowing that it is possible. I was visibly shell shocked. Everyone around me was like what is wrong. It was like I saw a ghost.

It may take 10 min in the bathroom (that is how long it took me to get myself and mind together to even deal with this person) but situations vary and how long it might take one to just say NO! I am not going backwards for anyone or any feeling.

And thank everyone for allowing me to come and have a place to vent and also learn from others posts.

I hope everyone had a great, sober weekend!
Old 03-12-2018, 03:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hopefor2018

Hi Sophie,

Glad to see you made it too! I kind of am following your progress too, as we started here on the forum around the same time! Good luck to both of us.

Great job making it through the weekend!
Old 03-12-2018, 07:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Day 5 at an all inclusive resort surrounded by free booze? AND you didn't drink?!

That's really impressive. No way in hell I could have done that.