Notices

been putting off meetings -

Old 03-10-2018, 03:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

been putting off meetings -

i have been putting AA/NA/CA meeting off the last few weeks one might be because av been lazy and not wanted to go out in the snow / rain snow i can understand because in the uk there was so much snow rain i should be use to because i live in Scotland so maybe its that I HAVE TO REMIND MYSELF IF I WANT TO STAY SOBER I MUST GET TO A MEETING AND as many as i can go to because i dont want to f this up i dont want to start drinking and using drugs there is no way my husband would stay with me or cope with me being like that MY MARRIED WOULD BE ON THE LINE But what dont help at the moment is my husband dont want me to go to meeting every night as it get dark here early and my husband can only take me some of the time and he dont want to be running around every day with me ... i am very busy during the day as well as i have groups for my mental health that i need to go to , to keep me well
and to see the people who are very important to me but i have to remember that AA/NA/CA also keeps me well i go to about 4 meetings a week that with my husband coming with me to 3 of the 4
the 4th one hhe has just started to get me to go on my own after a friend had told him to let me go and it was after sunset but he still worries
I GOT TO MAKE MY MEETINGS NO MATTER WHAT
i really am going to have to be hard on myself about this i need to have the drive to go to theses meetings before i have been giving up on meetings making all different excuses i need to stop the BS and go
plain and simple

tonight i went to a meeting after i had been to a group about self acceptance ( it was an Trans workshop ) told people at the meeting i am trans as i have to be honest about that so i came out to the meeting and everyone was so supportive

my next meeting isnt until Monday night and i feel i need one tomorrow but i cant as am busy and the only one i can go to is at night time so i cant go
But i WILL be going on Monday and Every meeting i have scheduled to go to
Old 03-10-2018, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

GMS, I understand that it's hard for your husband to drive you to meetings all the time. I'm glad you're still going to quite a few meetings and doing other things like your Trans Workshop that will help you. You can always come here to SR and read and post. It might help you to do that if you can't get out.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You know, I falter so bad when I drop important things like meetings that are a big part of my recovery plan. Stick with the meetings as much as possible- even if you don't want to go.
I agree with Anna, if you are feeling alone and triggered, come here and post.
There are also online meetings that you can take advantage of and I think they run 24/7. (I keep meaning to do this, but have yet to actually participate in one)
Hang in there my friend
Old 03-10-2018, 04:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the weather improves as you move into Spring GMS
D
Old 03-10-2018, 05:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Don't get too hung up on the number of meetings. 4 a week, or 100 a week is not enough to recover for an alcoholic of my type, if that is all you do. The meetings are not the program.

I have seem plenty of people recover on 4 or less meetings a week who got a sponsor and worked all 12 steps. And I have seen plenty of meeting makers continually slip and slide because they didn't do the steps. Why they didn't do the steps is an open question. Some because they refused, others because they have not been told the truth about AA, not their fault.