Notices

LindaMary1

Old 03-10-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry LindaMary1

I have been going to meetings for the past 2 years and have had multiple
slips during this time ..after the slips I feel so ashamed and guilty ..I really want sobriety. I don't share this at meetings as I have trust issues..my anonymity is very important to me. Any advice for me please
Old 03-10-2018, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by LindaMary1 View Post
slips during this time ..after the slips I feel so ashamed and guilty ..I really want sobriety. I don't share this at meetings as I have trust issues..my anonymity is very important to me. Any advice for me please
I've never been to a meeting, but can you just simply say what you told us - that you have trust issues and that anonymity is important to you. Perhaps the folks present will offer some assurance or even help with your issues. Stay close to SR LindaMary. Read the threads here and post as you feel like it. It will help. I spent (actually still do) a significant amount of time here during my early days. I wouldn't have the days I have without SR.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Linda,

For me, I had a major physical and mental trauma event which started me on my way to quit forever.

Once I got past a week or so, the booze was out of my system. Healing has been going on ever since. I am getting better by the moment.

For me, it is all about suffering. I can relate it to an itch. The desire to scratch it eventually goes away. When it comes to drinking, the itch never goes away, it only gets less and less.

The AV is always there waiting in my emotions. Analysis defeats it. Drinking deadens the analysis. When I sober up, the analysis returns. It is a death spiral.

I had to find ways to be happy without drinking. I work out and come to SR. I am also a teacher by trade so I get tons of happiness from that as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Linda - one of the many good things about this site, is that its 24/7 and we're from all over the world, so there's always someone online.
Stick with us - I promise you won't regret it
Old 03-10-2018, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone for the advice
Old 03-10-2018, 09:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How are things with you today Linda? Is it OK to call you Linda or do you prefer LindaMary?
Old 03-10-2018, 01:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Do you have a sponsor LindaMary?
Old 03-10-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Hi Linda, from another Linda.

Have you worked the steps with a sponsor yet? I know for me, I spent years in & out of AA, but I never did anything more than just attend meetings. It wasn't until I began to work the program that I saw some real progress in my life.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR LindaMary
Posting here every day really helped me - I think ithis, with AA, is worth a shot for you too?

D
Old 03-10-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to have you with us, LindaMary. We all understand the struggle - it really helps to talk about it. Hope to hear more from you.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by LindaMary1 View Post
Get a sponsor, work the steps and recover. You will probably find in the process that you trust issues are really control issues.