Notices

Ex crystal meth/paranoid overcomers!

Old 03-10-2018, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ex crystal meth/paranoid overcomers!

Well, to make a long story short my ex got on meth right around the time my father passed away. I was a bit distracted & began noticing things here & there that seemed high but I choose to turn a blinds eye. When I finally zeroed in on him, he was a complete mess. & way too big of a problem for me to even keep under control. & then the paranoid **** rolled in. The bizarre accusations for not actual evidence for believing so. He thought, honest to god, I was a FBI agent, who also was a hooker who lived at his best friends house, which was a brothel. Every day it jus got worse & worse to the point where I think he truly believed himself that he began detaching himself from me as a defense mechanism. At first it was hard to even take him serious.. & then I questioned if he really was being serious. Towards the end he was saying some of the meanest/hurtful things to me that will honestly probably take a lifetime to mend from. Sober or not though the words were still said & the actions he did were still done & I don’t think there’s much to even pick up from. He gets back from rehab in less then 5 days. I’m extremely anxious to see how he handles this situation wit me bc he left everything all over place wit no closure for either one of us... I jus want to know from anybody who has experienced being on meth & reaching the highest level of paranoid, how do u view it now? Does he remember in detail all of it? Is it a black out? Can he now soberly see how crazy he was being? Does he have any remorse feelings? I don’t even want an apology I jus want a little bit of acknowledgement..
Old 03-10-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Wildgypsiexo

I have no real experience of meth use to share.

Meth user ornot, everyone's reactions are always going to be slightly different, I think?

He may feel remorse... he may not.

I hope you get the acknowledgement you seek and that he's committed to recovery and change.

D
Old 03-10-2018, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've never done meth but knew some people who did or had family members who did. Paranoia is something the drug causes, especially when people are not sleeping for a week at a time.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don’t have any advice for you but just wanted to let you know that I’m going through the same thing with my husband right now. He’s accusing me of sleeping with all the neighbors. He was sober for about two years but then relapsed and relapsed hard. At this point I don’t know if we’ll ever come back from it.

When he was sober, everything was great. But I guess I never really asked him if he realized how crazy his accusations were. I guess we never talked about any of it, and now as I’m typing this, realize we should have.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm sorry for your situation. As Dee said, I think everyone's reaction would be different, but I hope that you find some peace with the situation.