Notices

Feeling a combo of down and anxious

Old 03-08-2018, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling a combo of down and anxious

Idle time is not good for me. Today I was thinking about drinking again but when I was at the store I ran into a man I met at an AA meeting. We had friendly banter. For some reason I felt like that was a sign that I needed and wanted another sober day. Still, I do feel down and anxious so I am going for a walk.

I was thinking today about why I want to be sober. The bottom line is I don't want to die from alcohol related illnesses and I want to see my daughter grow up.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done to refocus on why you want to stay sober, and what alcohol will take away from you if you don’t. Hang in there. Also, I know it’s counterimtuitive because mindfulness always starts with ‘find somewhere you can sit and be still’ but I do mindfulness when I go on walks as the regular breathing works for me? Just a thought as I relate to what you say about idleness being bad for you and mindfulness stops my wandering mind.

You can do this, you are strong and clearly have your priorities straight... and you have this community here behind you!
Old 03-08-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rar

Hang in there chowchow. It's your AV and you seem to be romanticizing the drink. After the initial couple of sips, you will regret it. You've worked so hard to be where you are. Don't drink.
You'll wake up sober tomorrow and won't have to declare a Day 1. Glad you're going to walk it off. You can do this. Rooting for you.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job chow. One more sober day. They say it gets easier, let’s give it a chance!!
Old 03-08-2018, 06:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, All. I probably am romanticizing the drink. I know it just led me down a path to hell. Sure is a sneaky devil.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep moving forward chowchow

D