Notices

1 week in

Old 03-08-2018, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 week in

I haven't strung together this many dry days in a couple years. Finally getting serious about putting alcohol behind me. After 2 withdrawl seizures in 18 months, realized I can't do it my way anymore. Voluntarily checked into a medical detox last week and went to my first ever AA meeting last night. That's big for me because I had bought into the 'AA is a cult' line of thought even though I'd never tried it. I'm open to anything now to stay off booze.

I was obviously the new guy out of his element there but it was ok ... more than ok actually. I really like this group and plan to hit my next meeting Sat morning since weekends are by far the hardest for me.

I'm hopeful for a change and looking forward to this journey.

Jim
Old 03-08-2018, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to a new approach to living. Seems like your heart and mind are open to letting go of that which no longer serves you. AA works for millions. Works for me and I would run from anything that even smelled like a cult. Tried it "my way," alone and in my head, and ended up on my knees. With the help of The Fellowship I am six years sober. Worth a try, I'd say...

Joy,

warren
Old 03-08-2018, 08:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome and congratulations on the decision to walk a new path. This is a great community of support as is AA. There are many roads to alcohol-free living. When you are committed to the end result, you'll find the path that works for you. It's great you are here!
Old 03-08-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rar

Congrats on 1 week JBass. Soon those sober days will pile up. Stay close to SR and read as much as you can. It helps!
Old 03-08-2018, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done on your week jbass

D