Notices

Day 10 - Traveling

Old 03-07-2018, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10 - Traveling

10 days.

Biggest challenge - traveling. Doing this sober will be a first ever.

I’m exhausted - gave a lot of energy out today. Some minor self pity going on. I’m writing it off to just being tired and wanting to just be home right now.

I should be grateful - somewhere inside I am but it’s hard to feel it. Hope to get some sleep on the plane.

My resolve is strong. Friday will be here before I know it and then I’ll be home.

Two weeks here I come. Rambling, not much to say really. Just keeping myself tethered here so I don’t screw this up :P

-B
Old 03-07-2018, 03:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice work posting Buck. Show's that you are not going to give in to the beast.

Ride it out. Focus on the urges when they subside and remember that experience - how they really do fade, even if they return.

Stay strong.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rar

You're doing great Buckley. Good job in posting. You're doing something very difficult, but you'll be much stronger when you get home. Don't forget - post when you need or want to.

10 days.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stay strong Buckley!
Old 03-07-2018, 06:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks gang. Quick flight, 90 min. Dude in front of me ordered a whiskey. Sent me into a moment of serious doubt that I’m going to be able to sustain forever. I know that’s just my AV talking. Still, scares me a bit.

In a cab on the way to hotel. As I was leaving I managed to pick up my spirits a bit. During the flight I had some flashbacks to the crash. I was thinking about how banged up and cut up my knees and elbows were... wondering what they hit.... dashboard? Makes me sick to my stomach when I think about it.

Just gotta vent this stuff a bit. I’m managing things well I think but just today I started wondering if I’m just suppressing vs handling it. Dunno. Can’t overthink it.

Anywho... first hurdle crossed. Going to just focus on work that’ll be intense enough.

O, I miscounted ... it’s 11 days today. Small wins...