Notices

Thanks for the Smart Recovery suggestion

Old 03-06-2018, 11:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks for the Smart Recovery suggestion

I went today and although I am mandated to go to AA, I felt much more of a connection and reminded me more of a group counseling which was really nice. I was super late as the place was really hard to find but I will be back next week and I wish it counted but perhaps I could get a sig anyway. It reminded me of group sessions in the IOP.

The vitamins seemed to really help. I would think it was my imagination but I feel much better physically. I could have been really really depleted.

So thanks to everyone!
Old 03-06-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey PinkPanther, glad that you found the meeting valuable. I have chosen Smart Recovery meetings as part of my recovery. I just went to my first last week and I found it very helpful and it was a positive and supportive environment.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I didn't feel that I "connected" with anyone per se but I did connect with the style of this particular group. Everyone was from all walks of life.

This is my first meeting of this kind of they seem to meet weekly and it is usually the same group. I don't know if they are all that way.

But I picked up the manual and will go next week.

A counselor in the elevator saw the manual in my hand and remarked what a good program it was and asked if it was for me or a family member and I said me and she she she had used it for family with great success.