Notices

24 hours without a craving!

Old 03-06-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

24 hours without a craving!

Of course, that was yesterday. Today is another story. Not sure what made the difference or I would keep doing it. One day at a time, right? I think it may be time to be a little more public, tell my daughter I'm working at not drinking, tell my fiance... That is an advantage to long distance relationships, accountability is easier, he didn't ask, I didn't tell. When we were together 5i could control it, only a couple days. But I guess that want fair to him.

When I quit smoking I planned my date and told everyone. Had lots of support. Drinking doesn't 5 work like that. Maybe time to journal. I did that to help my anger during my divorce than burned it later.

Thank you for the encouragement I find here.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Raeven, that's a good sign! I hear you re. the ups and downs from one day to the next. I imagine from what others have said here that it gets easier with time, until the cravings are next to gone. Sounds like you're in a pretty good place - keep going! And IMO it will be helpful to tell your daughter and fiance. Before I finally owned up to my husband that I had a problem, I constantly felt defensive and stressed (he obviously KNEW I had a problem, but I had a really hard time admitting to it). Once I surrendered to it and opened up, realizing I needed support to recover, I felt so much better. It's like I got out of my own way and could dedicate my energy to recovery.

I'm just starting to journal too, I think it will be helpful too. Good luck!
Old 03-06-2018, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Initially the cravings could be physical so to combat that you can eat candy, or take acidopholis (probyotic) or drink 100% grape juice. Alcohol is one of the fastest metabolizing sugars known to man.

The physical is easy, it is the mental that will be the hard one.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi SoulSurgeon, just curious, where would you get acidopholis? Could you get that at a pharmacy, do you think? Or would you need to go to a health food store or something? Thanks!
Old 03-06-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoulSurgeon View Post
Initially the cravings could be physical so to combat that you can eat candy, or take acidopholis (probyotic) or drink 100% grape juice. Alcohol is one of the fastest metabolizing sugars known to man.

The physical is easy, it is the mental that will be the hard one.
Thanks, I have type 2 Diabetes so I avoid full sugar juice (I know, I get the oxymoron of it) but I've been drinking a lot of low sugar CranGrape