Started reading Codependent No More

Old 03-01-2018, 10:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Started reading Codependent No More

Wow, eye opening. My head is spinning and thoughts are racing. It looks very hopeful and its exciting. Just thought Id share.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I read it over 20 years ago and it's still relevant. I need to get it again but the library here had all their copies checked out, so it's still very wanted/needed by many of us. She used to have cassettes (I'm old) that you could listen to (I painted my house while listening to her). Great tool for understanding how the dynamics play out and when you stop, things get better (it might take some practice).
Old 03-02-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wamama48 View Post
Wow, eye opening. My head is spinning and thoughts are racing. It looks very hopeful and its exciting. Just thought Id share.
Good to hear W. It has been a long time since I read it but I often recommend it. Keep taking the next right step whatever it is!
Old 03-02-2018, 08:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Understanding what codependency meant was one of the main keys to my starting to get a grip on why my life had been the way it had been for all those years. It was about me and XAH, sure, but it was about a whole lot more than that, too--work, friends, family, life in general.

So much looked different. So much made sense now. It changed, and is still changing, everything, as it was the beginning of so much ongoing learning and searching.

Hope you find the same, Wama.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Understanding what codependency meant was one of the main keys to my starting to get a grip on why my life had been the way it had been for all those years. It was about me and XAH, sure, but it was about a whole lot more than that, too--work, friends, family, life in general.

So much looked different. So much made sense now. It changed, and is still changing, everything, as it was the beginning of so much ongoing learning and searching.

Hope you find the same, Wama.
I've had exactly the same experience due to this book.

I understood so much more not only about myself, and WHY I was behaving the way I was...but I understood so much more about my upbringing, my parents, my (ex) in laws, so many other loved ones.

I had my daughter read it at 21yrs old when she had a problematic relationship. She learned at 20 what I didn't learn until 40, what my mother at 70+ will likely never learn and what my grandmother certainly never did. I hope we broke the cycle, I think we have.

Life changing stuff.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Here's the audio 'book' via the tube of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXA60PpVoRY