Notices

Bad teeth

Old 03-01-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad teeth

Has alcohol and depression caused anyone else to have bad teeth?
Old 03-01-2018, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I certainly neglected my teeth.

They were in a bad way - I lost two - but gradually I've been able to get the rest all fixed.

D
Old 03-01-2018, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mine got bad. Not meth user bad, but quite bad. Just had to go get them sorted.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My teeth are terrible. They don't look bad in the front but the back teeth are crumbling and a mess. Could be alcohol related. I know I have severe anxiety and I grind them. I haven't made them a priority.

I am sure lots of us have crappy teeth. It's really not good dental work is so expensive.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had problems brushing my teeth. Could hardly brush cause I would feel like throwing up and I did once or twice. Also had a really painful gum infection from not being able to brush properly.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yep I had a bunch pulled to het imllantsts but by the time my jawnome healed In didn't have theoney

Then didn't have to the money broke my two front teeth and am ony getting around to fiximg them now like a year later.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was usually too drunk to brush them at night and too hungover the next morning that I would gag. Luckily I have good "teeth genes".
Old 03-18-2018, 10:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Unfortunately my gnashers aren't the best either! I USED to have beautiful teeth, USED to get a ton of compliments but unfortunately over the last two years my gums have been invaded with advanced periodontal disease, I now have horrendous gaps between my teeth due to bone loss, it's taken almost a year of regular trips to the hygienist to try and get on top of the gum disease. I got very lazy when drinking, no brushing at night and sometimes not in the morning either, and I never considered flossing!!! Something I need to do every night now.
SO for the sake of a 2 minute brush twice a day, it has now cost me a fortune in dentist bills! And has made me very self conscious about my smile. Just another thing alcohol has tried to destroy for me! 😣
Old 03-18-2018, 10:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I brushed my teeth but made stupid decisions. Like after starting root canal, I decided to spend my money on booze, couldn't afford to go back in the same month to finish root canal. So with leaving part of tooth exposed, it crumbled. Meant instead of finishing root canal, tooth had to be pulled. That happened twice in the same year.
I neglected the dentist and instead blew the money on alcohol.