Notices

It's been 39 days

Old 02-25-2018, 06:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been 39 days

39 days since I have taken refuge at the bottom of a bottle. 39 days since I made the choice to give a new meaning to my life. Each passing day gets a little easier. I have my moments where I feel I may stumble and fall, but I know what that road looks like.

There are times I find myself wondering how good it would actually feel to give in. If I think hard enough I can almost feel it in my bones how taking half a pint of vodka in one long gulp would send a shiver through my skin making me feel almost weightless. But with that, I know the pain and chaos that comes with it.

I no longer feel like a hollowed out shell of myself. I am slowly feeling myself come back.

I was with old friends last night and we reminisced about old stories of the insanity that once consumed me. All those "good times" seem like missed opportunities now. I guess that's why they call it getting wasted . . . so much wasted time.

Sobriety brings a strange amount of clarity on how substance abuse has shaped my life. This is the longest I have been sober since I was 14. I am 28. That's half of my life I've been using substances to alter my consciousness. I don't want to do that anymore.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good choice. It will keep getting better if you don't pick up.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post! I am a day behind you and starting to have some clarity. Thanks for sharing.