Notices

38 Days Feel Good

Old 02-25-2018, 03:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

38 Days Feel Good

I haven’t posted much but I check in everyday to read everyone’s posts, you all keep me motivated.

I was drinking way to much, going through two large bottles of vodka a week. A typical day was to come home from work, hit the gym, and then “reward”myself with three large martinis, go to bed and basically pass out. This past November I started having stomach pain, so bad it was hard to eat, but I could still drink. I went to the doctor and finally was honest about how much I was drinking on a daily basis. My doctor scheduled me for a reoutine colonoscopy and endoscopy to see what was going on with my stomach. She was very concerned due to the amount I was drinking. Luckily I was only diagnosed with gastritis.

I woke up on January 17th and decided enough was enough and have not had a drink since. The first few days I was filled with anxiety, had trouble sleeping and my emotions were all over the place. Then the fog started to lift. My stomach pain completely went away. After five days my blood pressure (I was on 2 medications) was dropping into low territory, which was causing me to feel very light headed to the point I thought I would pass out. Spoke to the doctor and she reduced my meds. BP still remained low (I have a BP machine at home) I decided to stop taking my meds for a few days to see if it would level out. It did, and is now completely normal without meds. My doc has me off my meds we will check in again in a few weeks to check that it is remaining in normal levels.

I have had a few bouts of depressed days, many happy ones. I feel that I am feeling life now that the alcohol s not blunting all my feelings.

I have been out to dinner on weekends with friends and family, I get questioned about why I am not drinking. I am honest and say my drinking was out of control, and it was time to stop. No more questions and we enjoy our meal and conversation.

So here I am beginning day 39 and feeling great. I am off blood pressure meds. I have lost 9 pounds. My workouts are so much better, I have more energy and have I said, I FEEL GREAT!

D
Old 02-25-2018, 04:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear from you! Glad that your health is improving, too. I have found mine has improved to what is an amazing state of healthy and healthful in the past two sober years (this wk).

Have you considered beginning a plan of action? Mine is AA and there are others people around here will tell you their success with - one thing those of us with any amount of sobriety generally agree on is that SOME plan of action is critical to our recovery. Now that you are feeling good, it might be a good time to bulk up your actions.

Take care- hope to see you here!
Old 02-25-2018, 04:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Soberme. Good to hear from you. It's great that your health is improving, which must be a huge relief to you. I, too, have some gloomy days, but I try to stop and remember that I had gloomy days when I was drinking too.

Keep on keepin on.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

fantastic update soberisgood

D