Notices

Poem don't laugh

Old 02-23-2018, 10:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Poem don't laugh

My life is black, I pray for a quick heart attack.
Your face, your neck what happened to our embrace?
My love is all but gone, the promise of our union song, all now done.
My phone is set to ring my heart is set to sing, but you never call, and when you do your tone is businesses, our love a forgotten thing.
You say You want another chance, but truth be told you want another's pants.
You control and as you would like it, forgetting it takes two to make it.
For years I've lived benith your ice queen rule, friends and family say I'm a fool.
I've tried and told them all they lie, in the end I'm just your tool.
I turned to you to ease my pain, and again my ice queen rained. Why won't you accept my love? Because when I push you only shove.
My heart is broken and I beg once in a while your love you save. Then you turn to me and ask so unfriendly, what have you done for me and given me greatly.
I'm shocked at your coldness your uncaring way again you deal the cards I must play. Aces on the bottom of your deck, my soul you will soon wreck. I love you but you not me, a drink will set me free. Two simple hours I can forget but when I'm sober you break my neck.
As I lay here detoxing, you make plans to keep at arms length my life and my soul you try to take.
It doesn't matter if I'm sober you were done with me as I grew older. I shake I hurt the puke and sweat your the weight upon my chest. I can die but I will not, I know true love if you forgot.
From the furnace of pain and hate, I will be the one to open loves gate, you see you nasty bitch your a habit I can ditch.
I have a wife and child you see, well my kids are times 3. You can't hurt me anymore because I know your an amber *****.
Life begins when I put you down, and don't allow you past my door. My God I return his crown. I'm clean I'm sober and I'm free how does that sound?
There is no more you and me just a life and a time to be me. For 24 hours I'm sober and free. My heart no longer sinks all I have to do is not take your amber drink. The sky is blue and I have friends so true good bye amber I no longer need you.

I have never written poetry before and I'm sure this isn't good but I'm exploring myself and I wanted to share my thoughts. Sober is great and I spend time writting poems I'm just a guy but I'm proud of this and wanted to share with my SR friends.
Mick.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If I may ask? (why do people say that and then ask anyways?) Who'd you write that for,Mick?
Old 02-23-2018, 10:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wrote it for me amber is whisky and your correct I wanted to share my feelings and if people laugh well that's ok too.
Mick
Old 02-23-2018, 10:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mick

Men have been writing poetry for thousands of years - its kind of a shame that the modern world devalues it so much especially in terms of masculinity.

Forget about good or bad. Poetry is about sharing experience and catharsis.

I think you ticked both boxes
Thanks for sharing that with us Mick

D
Old 02-23-2018, 11:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

actually I thought it was pretty good

glad you clarified because I was going to say send it...the wife thing did thro me a little. but who knows ?
Old 02-23-2018, 11:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mick75 View Post
I wrote it for me amber is whisky and your correct I wanted to share my feelings and if people laugh well that's ok too.
Mick
Good on ya! I read it in several different 'poetry styles'.. Slam..is where it was at with me. That's the great thing about written word,IMO, is how it can be interpreted. Keep writing and sharing please.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love the whole sentiment of this piece. Thanks for sharing your poem- it has so many emotions in it- my favorite one is HOPE.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Mick. I enjoyed the read!!!