Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

12 days done, and coincidentally I've also just finished a 12 mile walk

Notices

Old 02-22-2018, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel dead. Went out with my 10 year old for a 3 mile walk around our local nature reserve. I ended up taking a detour, but my battery died on my phone so I had no map. I got lost (note to self: invest in a paper map). My feet also have 2 huge blisters. But we both enjoyed it a lot. It was time together, just us two.

My son doesn't seem affected by the walk lmao and is sat on our master system playing sonic. I'd love to be a kid again.

Lying in bed now with a bottle of diet cola and my laptop. Time to put my feet up for the rest of the day because they're a bit sore. I burned off around 2000 calories which goes towards my goal to lose 2 stone.

And 12 days no drinking! I almost convinced myself a quarter of vodka would be fine. Excitement and happiness seems to make me want to drink. But I convinced myself that I just did a walk I could never have done while drinking. That was enough to shake my craving.

Rock on!
Old 02-22-2018, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yay! Congrats on 12 days. I'm one day behind ya. Gosh I love long walks. I have no-one to hike with currently though. Have to wait for the weekend to go with the SO.

Congrats on surfing that urge! If you had got the vodka you'd feel like crap tomorrow. I'm the same way though. A good day of hiking always ended with pizza and beers at our favorite place. I'll have to work on finding a different treat or a new way of thinking about it.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for talking about your craving and for sharing what you did to get through it. I need to hear that. Congrats on your progress so far!
Old 02-22-2018, 09:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
Yay! Congrats on 12 days. I'm one day behind ya. Gosh I love long walks. I have no-one to hike with currently though. Have to wait for the weekend to go with the SO.

Congrats on surfing that urge! If you had got the vodka you'd feel like crap tomorrow. I'm the same way though. A good day of hiking always ended with pizza and beers at our favorite place. I'll have to work on finding a different treat or a new way of thinking about it.
I find audiobooks are great when you're walking alone. Or podcasts. My battery always dies at some point though. A nice relaxing bath, a bottle of my fav. soda and netflix is my new reward
Old 02-22-2018, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnonSara View Post
Thanks for talking about your craving and for sharing what you did to get through it. I need to hear that. Congrats on your progress so far!
Do you have the same triggers? The road is tough, but it's getting easier. It's nice when sobriety makes significant changes to lifestyle.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job! Exercise is an excellent way to burn off the anxiety and grab some peace. Nice job fighting off the cravings!
Old 02-22-2018, 12:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rar

12 days AND 12 miles. WOW!. I'm impressed. Congratulations.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done, 16years!
Old 02-22-2018, 03:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 12 days 16

D
Old 02-22-2018, 07:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Any day I can go to bed properly tired from a walk or a run is a success. Congrats on 12 days!