Notices

Falling Down

Old 02-20-2018, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Falling Down

Watched someone very close to me fall off a chair and she was really lucky she didn't crack her head open or break a collar bone.

Watched her a little while later fall down, tripping over nothing, nearly get her face sliced open by the corner of a glass table.

We walked down the street and she stumbled over and over. She'd have fallen all over the sidewalk if I hadn't been holding her arm.

She told me later "This is not who I am... I don't want to be this person".

But when she sobered up a little bit she didn't want to talk about it anymore. Kept me at a distance. Quickly cut off the conversation when I veered anywhere near the subject.

I remember how many times I've fallen down. Wonder how many I fell down that I don't remember. I marvel at the fact I never got badly injured. I'm thankful I never fell so hard it all ended.....

I'm deeply grateful I don't fall down anymore. And I stopped the falling down altogether. Literally and figuratively.

I hope she chooses to stop the fall, but to me it looks like she's got a way to keep going.

You don't have to keep falling down.

You can choose - truly anytime you want - to pick yourself up and not fall anymore.

I hope, if you're still falling, today you'll gain your feet, center yourself and start walking away from the edge. Step by step.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Oh I love this post. I was always falling down, mostly stairs, but also up stairs, or off the pavement into the gutter, my natural home. I fractured my skull on the flagstones of the kitchen floor, always had black eyes that no huge sunglasses were ever going to hide.

I don't know how to describe this, but a lot of the time the floor or road would actually rise up to slap me in the face, I was so drunk that I didn't even know I was going down like a sack of rice.

Oh hallelujah, am I glad to be free of that.

I am very clumsy so I still stumble around now I'm sober and I look around guiltily to see if anybody is watching who might be thinking oh look she's drunk...
Old 02-20-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. Your friend is in my thoughts. I, too, am glad to not be falling down anymore. Some of the scariest nights I spent were those waiting to sober up enough to get to the er for staples/stitches/etc.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

duplicate
Old 02-20-2018, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh, yeah.
I fell over outdoor lounges, down stairs, getting out of bed, gettinto bed.
Sheesh, I’m glad THAT is done.
These days, if I fall, it’s cuz I’m not paying attention.