Notices

Feeling numb

Old 02-17-2018, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling numb

So I’ve always self medicated and it only made things worse!! Last month I finally went to doctors and found out I’m bipolar and have severe anxiety and panic attacks we have tried 4 different medications already and they haven’t work so we done another switch it’s day 8 and today they double the dose of this one... since I started from day 1 about 80% of the day I have no feeling kind of feel numb and I don’t care about anything anymore... every once in awhile I will get a random mood swings and it will go way after sometime I barely talk now because My mind is usually blank but I have a feeling this one won’t work out either kind of feel hopeless and everything is pointless right now and I don’t even know why I’m trying
Old 02-17-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're trying because you care about yourself and you're seeking better health.

It takes some time to find the right meds, hang on and keep seeking! Let time be your friend. Did the doctor tell you how long to try this regimen? You can always call them and tell them how these particular drugs are making you feel.

Treatment isn't one-size-fits-all and it is a bit of trial and error. You'll figure it out!
Old 02-17-2018, 12:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
You're trying because you care about yourself and you're seeking better health.

It takes some time to find the right meds, hang on and keep seeking! Let time be your friend. Did the doctor tell you how long to try this regimen? You can always call them and tell them how these particular drugs are making you feel.

Treatment isn't one-size-fits-all and it is a bit of trial and error. You'll figure it out!
They said call back in two weeks if it isn’t working so I’m trying to hold on until then been couple bad thoughts but I think that’s normal since my body trying to adjust
Old 02-26-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi N
I have also tried many different meds over the years unsuccessfully!
My mental health seems to be running a self destructive program
Like a fail script.
I'm just realising this today as I'm looking up some of my replies from sober people on my threads.
They are helping me to slowly build into my mind s belief that I can recover.
I find going to doctors where I live to talk about my crazy head and my mental state is pretty much futile.
They don't get it.
I have to get it I have to get me
Learn to.live with me sober!
And I need others in my life through different channels to help me so I can learn to help myself and believe that I can turn this sick sad life around over time.
Maybe just maybe a lot of my disturbances and imbalances are being caused by my active addiction.
I mean sure I have a problem maintaining sobriety but I'll never over Come that sober problem if I continue to get wasted all the time.
How badly do we want to have a joyous sober fruitful existence?
I wish you all the best
With or without meds.
G