The latest excuse

Old 02-14-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The latest excuse

A trip down memory lane;

First drug test, failure to appear. Poor fellow hurt his hand and couldn't drive. He has x-rays to prove this!

Second drug test: Positive for methamphetamines (EXTREMELY positive). Well, it's because his ex wife is in cahoots with the drug testing guy! She paid him off, or possibly performed sexual favors... who knows?

Third: Ordered by mediator. Positive for amphetamines (this was an unsophisticated probation test, which didn't distinguish between methamphetamine and amphetamine). It must have been that cold medicine he took!

Fourth: Failure to appear. Well, this time his ex wife set him up again! She arranged for his test to be on the day he had to pick the kids up for school, so he wouldn't make it to the testing facility on time (even though he had 6 hours to get there and doesn't work/ have any obligations whatsoever). Also- he had a bad tire!

Fifth: Hair follicle. He apparently took this on his own, voluntarily, probably because he knew he had one coming and wanted to make sure he could pass (he didn't). He showed up to court with the most ridiculous bleached hair I've ever seen.

Sixth: Hair follicle. Also positive. That darned ex wife! She gave me nasal spray (I didn't). It must have been loaded with methamphetamine!

Seventh (current): The testing facility said my hair was too short.

I'm so tired.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I...I literally do not know how you do it, but the fact that you keep on keepin' on...you are an inspiration to me.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well, I can't see anyone believing a word he says, so don't be tired, maybe go shopping instead of listening to the BS. Or go for a nice walk...or have a coffee with a friend...do something nice for yourself, you deserve it.

Hugs
Old 02-15-2018, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Craziness. Complete and utter craziness.

I send you the biggest hugs because I do not know how you do it, yet you keep pushing forward. Your kids are super lucky to have you!
Old 02-16-2018, 11:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A friend of mine had to fire her first lawyer after he was just way too nice to the opposing side.

She then hired a new lawyer. Her case settled this week. And she got everything she asked for. ALL OF IT.

I am hoping that this also a sign for you.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
A friend of mine had to fire her first lawyer after he was just way too nice to the opposing side.

She then hired a new lawyer. Her case settled this week. And she got everything she asked for. ALL OF IT.

I am hoping that this also a sign for you.
Oh, but I am currently on my FOURTH lawyer.

First was terribly incompetent and is facing disciplinary action from the bar.

Second was decent, but outrageously expensive.

Third- his wife was dying. Very sad, but no excuse for screwing up my case. He shouldn't have taken it with so much going on in his personal life.

This one- Talk about being chummy with opposing counsel! At our last court date ex's attorney stood in the waiting room with my family yucking it up with my attorney. I got so angry- this is a man who has helped my ex to frame me and make my life hell! I finally lost it and said, "I would really like for him to leave." My attorney admonished me, saying, "You can't treat people like that! This is a professional environment!" Whatever. Professional for her, maybe. Quite personal for me!

At this point, I worry that hiring a new attorney will only make me look unstable and crazy- which is just what my ex wants. But man, it seems unfair.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am friends w/several attorneys. In all honesty, it's a close knit group who hang out together all the time. Some judges are in the group too. A good one can keep their clients out of it, the bad ones won't. It's not fair, but it is reality.