Notices

Treading water

Old 02-14-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Treading water

I still have not drunk

It will be 5 years in april, i have a painkiller addiction but i can hide it and hold down a job and relationship. It's hard for me to progress though. I want more but it feels like I'm in quicksand. I want to learn to get a better job, id like to make more money which I can do easily with a side business, and id like to go gym get my physique back.

Trouble is I have a six day a week job, I get by easily on the money I make, and I'm not out of shape as I eat protein rich foods. It's the future that i might need more. I have zero motivation I'm letting everything pass me by.

My boss tells me when to go to work my girlfriend tells me when to have it off, I don't go out.
My dogs are my life, I have no kids. I reckon 10 hours a week of effort on my part and with a couple of years my life could be great.

It depreses me in nearly 4 years I've made no progress.

Maybe I could pay someone to run my side business, 25% to them 25% to me 50% back into the business it would probbaly work out they would earn £125 for 8 hours work, or more if they wanted, that could maybe bring more cash in let me miss more work and get educated on a crash course.

ReAlly need to kick these pills, withdrawals are so bad though and go on forever

Anyone else get out of a rut like this.
I've had heavy addictions in the past but now I dont have drink or street drugs addictions I even quit smoking. I'm also worried about going back to that if i take away the pain pills. Thanks for your time x
Old 02-14-2018, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
saoutchik

4 years and 10 months without a drink a amazing IWTL. I would sit down and think about what you actually like doing and then take some steps to doing it for a living, concern about the financial side of thing could be looked once you are doing somethingbyou enjoy.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Obviously the pills need to go, as soon as possible.

I used to do a lot of grandiose financial planning and come up with all kinds of business schemes when I was using. Your post sounds a lot like the same kinds of things I would dream up.

First things first. Get through withdrawals and your thinking will be much more in-the-real-world.