Gosh....looks like he did it again!!

Old 11-02-2004, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gosh....looks like he did it again!!

So, George is back - by the skin of his arse, by the looks of it.
Just been watching a live feed from NBC News and Bush needs one more electoral vote - so do I congratulate the Americans on this forum or not...

Hugs
Sandra

Last edited by bookworm; 11-02-2004 at 10:32 PM. Reason: spelling mistake...oops
Old 11-03-2004, 12:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
spirit

looks like....

... bin laden one, how conveniet of him to release that tape last week, he has succeeded in keeping bush in the game!!!

although my cynical head asks how long did bush have it before it was released haha

oh well - i has been interesting to watch
cheers all
kath
Old 11-03-2004, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

My opinion

God help us, our economy, our integrity and standing in the world in general and forgive us for allowing a man to use his religion for personal gain to win an election.

Kathy
Old 11-03-2004, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Whoa, guys. This is not a political forum. I, for one, am sick of the Bush bashing. He is our President = lets show a little respect.

Jo
Old 11-04-2004, 06:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

You're right JoJo, :rose

I have offered prayers that he will keep us all safe and secure.

Kathy
Old 11-04-2004, 07:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy with the outcome

Not to go into my political shpiel, but I for one am ecstatic that Bush has another 4 years. With our economy in the state that it is in and our country divided, and with everything else going on, we need a leader that stands up for what he believes and doesn't back down. That's what we have in Bush. He doesn't change his views depending on who he is talking to. He is very "Dr. Phil-ish" and tells it straight. We are in a war and need a leader that will keep our troops there until we succeed in what was planned. We don't need to pull out or it would have all been for nothing.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't see how anyone could have liked Kerry at all, and I can't see how on earth he got so many votes. All he said the entire campaign was what he didn't like about Bush, and nothing about the specifics of what he would do himself.

He and Edwards have been so freakin' negative! Every time their lips move it's negativity against the President. THEY are the ones fueling the division in this country with this hatred. Don't know how everyone else can't see that.

Bush hasn't really had a chance to show all he can do as President because of how he was thrust into this terroristic chaos at the very beginning of his term. I think it's great that he has this 2nd term to really get down to the nitty gritty and let the world see just how great of a leader he can be. And if he allows God to guide him more power to him. I personally like a leader who can talk on the average person's level without all the high & mightiness and fakeness that many politicians have.

But everyone is entitled to his or her opinion of course...
Old 11-04-2004, 08:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Basically, I believe in the intrinsic value and dignity of all human beings and because of that I try to treat all people with a cetain basic respect and civility -- unless it gets to a point where they somehow make it clear that they will use that as a weapon against me or that they somehow take that as a sign that they are going to get away with whatever they can get away with from me.

Beyond that basic, provisional respect and civility that all people deserve unless they really cross the line, my deeper respect is a valuable gift and I do not give it to just anyone but only to those who consistently show through their words and their actions that they are deserving of it. I certainly do not give it to anyone just because he/she happens to have a particular title or hold a particular position.

Above and beyond what I may think of Bush, Kerry, Nader or anyone else, I very strongly feel that many of the things that are going on with the U.S. and with our attitudes and behaviors towards ouselves and toward the world are actually very, very relevant to this forum because they are a very scary picture of what happens when serious dysfunction becomes a systemic, unacknowledged problem underlying an entire culture.

I used to believe that if we could just throw enough money at things like education and social programs we would be able to get people to "see the light" and reverse this ugly, progressive insanity, but after all of my recent experience dealing with addicts and with women who repeatedly get into relationships in which they are abused, I have 'come to believe' that it is only by somehow getting people to and giving people the tools to deal with their woundings that we will ever be able to stop the cycle of wounding and abuse (and all of the negative effects that ooz from it) from one generation to the next and that any real progress or change will be able to be made.

Recovery is indeed a very individual thing and in order to work it needs to be that way -- but only the most simple-minded person could possibly fail to see the transformational possibilities of an entire society of individuals in recovery.

The most personal things are very often also the things that are, in the most potentially transformational way (and, therefore,in the most threatening way to the systems currently in place) the most political.

freya