# 1 (permalink)  

Questions and Answers

"When life surrounds me with problems,
I remember
no question can be asked
if the answer is not
already in the universe."
--Maya Angelou

This quote reminds me that no matter how deep into the problem I get, there IS a solution. I can't get my fingers (or brain) around it yet, but I know it's there. I think it has something to do with god, reaching out to others who understand, reading literature, getting honest with myself and others, and a lot more I don't know yet. I know enough today to pray. And maybe, just maybe... that's enough.

jojo
Old 11-02-2004, 07:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jojoZ

This quote reminds me that no matter how deep into the problem I get, there IS a solution.
I know enough today to pray. And maybe, just maybe... that's enough.

jojo
AMEN
Old 11-02-2004, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

GOD is GOOD!

I second Sherry's AMEN.

Love to all,

Ang
Old 11-02-2004, 07:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i hear the harps and the trumpets jojo---
i love that scene in the "Grinch" when his heart grows and grows at the end and breaks the little measuring device...and his smile spreads so wide it practically snaps off his face like a fiddle string strug too tight...SPROING!

you know you have enough hope and courage to fill an ocean---just believe in it!!!

ok ---now i got to get back to tappin into that hope and courage myself!3 whole days of sobriety over here!!...and counting............
Old 11-03-2004, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, 18 days clean and I am still so, so, sooo depressed. I guess this is what is meant by faith... I don't feel god, but I know my HP is there. I reach out for help and maybe it will come. I know there will be a time when I will be happy again if I stay sober and work a program of recovery. They say: stay until the miracles happen. Well, today I am determined to do just that. Nothing else works, so for today I will not use.

I am an addict. I want patience NOW!!!!

jojo
Old 11-03-2004, 11:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jojo,

Just got done with 1 1/2 weeks of pretty bad depression. So thankful I didn't lose my sobriety. I trusted in my Higher Power, one day at a time, sometimes one moment at a time. Hope you get a lot of support here, Jojo. Don't forget that you are a special person. You deserve a vacation from your addiction!

ChrisMan
Old 11-03-2004, 11:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I like that ...I NEED MY PATIENCE NOWWWW!

so what then after 30 days???Is everything supposed to miraculously be better and easier?????hell naw---

its the day youre in that counts---take it from someone who went for years sober as the day is long and boom---out of nowhere--my ego just said "Immmm Baaaack"
*look at me now---you can still hear my ego barkin in the back ground*

all that hard work and all the wrongs I had to right... POOF!gone down the gullet...
But ya know....theres always hope and with every day you have a chance to be reborn---every DAY!!thats an awesome concept---maybe theres a little bit of God in all that...
who knows..I dont...but Im tryin!!

hang in there guys---youre not alone!
Old 11-03-2004, 12:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=cuppycake]
But ya know....theres always hope and with every day you have a chance to be reborn---every DAY!!thats an awesome concept---maybe theres a little bit of God in all that...
who knows..I dont...but Im tryin!!/QUOTE]

That's the truth. Wow. I really like how you put that. One day at a Time... Just for Today. There is God in that. Amen.

Thanks.

jojo