Notices

How to give yourself a break

Old 02-09-2018, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How to give yourself a break

Obviously recovery is hard enough, but I am also noticing a desire for healthier habits in general. That said the last week or so I’ve been doing much more healthy eating and then BAM! Give me all the food every where and all that chocolate too!

I’m not expecting healthy habits to come over night so I’m wondering how to do it so I’m not burnt out since I’m not using alcohol as a “reward” and I don’t want to just stuff my face all the time either, but every once in a while is okay right??? 😳
Old 02-09-2018, 09:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm doing the double whammy of recovery and healthy eating as well. What has helped me is 1) allowing myself once a week to "cheat" a little on my diet. This is pretty common in the fitness world. Some do a big cheat meal once a week, some do an entire day of just eating whatever. I fall somewhere in between, ha. And 2) having healthy snacks around for grazing such as little 100 calorie almond packs, etc.

So, yeah, just pick one day out of the week to let yourself indulge a little and you're golden. Keep it up!
Old 02-09-2018, 09:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm about to 'embark' on a 6wk personal training routine the end of March. I'm in ok shape,BUT I know this is going to kick my ass! I should be in the best physical shape inside/out of my entire life when I complete it. I'll get some before/after pics.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Also...reward yourself with some new clothes and spa days.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Are you eating more because you're really hungry? (that is, missing the extra calories from alcohol) or because you're nervous/anxious? (that is, missing the comfort of alcohol)? If it's the latter, I'd replace it with something else: drink tea, take up knitting or whatever. But if you're just hungry, I'd say let yourself eat limitless veggies.

These days I am basically mainlining seltzer water, which also helps.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am keeping Haribo and skittles in business.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am keeping Haribo and skittles in business.