Notices

Breaking Free: The Anaconda The Quicksand

Old 02-08-2018, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Breaking Free: The Anaconda The Quicksand

These are the analogies that come to mind. The more you struggle, the more dire the situation becomes. The more you think about quitting and trying to quit the tighter the noose becomes.

It's like this devil is upping the ante. Seeing a threat he doubles down. He can't let you win. If you win, you just might be of use to others. Unacceptable as far as he is concerned.

All the more reason to cut the head off the snake and reach for a branch of assistance. I need help. I can't do it alone. But I will get out of this muck and lend assistance to others in the same predicament. First things first.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Analogies like these always seem to help someone like me. Maybe just how my brain is wired but I find them helpful to objectivfy this demon we share and get separation when I feel him tuning in and trying to make me think I'm him/he's me.

Thank you.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Off - I was just reading a post that you had responded to, so I looked you up and saw that I had responded to a post you made almost exactly a year ago.

From what you wrote on the recent thread, I think you're still struggling. I don't remember posting this. I know though that I was still very deep in the muck. I had a few months left (until April of last year) of daily drinking, vokda in the morning, truly suffering. It's clear that something you wrote helped me then. So I wanted to thank you.

And to let you know that there's a way out, I made it, I know you can as well.

​​​​
​​​
Old 02-04-2019, 10:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Hey Off - I was just reading a post that you had responded to, so I looked you up and saw that I had responded to a post you made almost exactly a year ago.

From what you wrote on the recent thread, I think you're still struggling. I don't remember posting this. I know though that I was still very deep in the muck. I had a few months left (until April of last year) of daily drinking, vokda in the morning, truly suffering. It's clear that something you wrote helped me then. So I wanted to thank you.

And to let you know that there's a way out, I made it, I know you can as well.

​​​​
​​​
No prob and thank you, LG! I'm happy you found peace.

I seem to be in the "know I need to, don't quite want to" phase for the last few years. Hopefully I'll nut up here soon enough before the inevitable.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Offthemast View Post
No prob and thank you, LG! I'm happy you found peace.

I seem to be in the "know I need to, don't quite want to" phase for the last few years. Hopefully I'll nut up here soon enough before the inevitable.
Yes indeed. How in love we often are with the worst of ourselves.