Notices

You need a program of living

Old 02-08-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You need a program of living

If you’re an Alcoholic and stop drinking then after a while of not drinking you will become ‘restless, irritable, and discontented’ to quote Doctors opinion, BB, and gagging to get back into a load of booze/drugs and some temporary rest-bite

This was my experience and I used to make it 2 weekends before I felt like I was going to burst without getting wrecked again. It was vital that I got a program of recovery to work so that I started to change my thinking and feelings.

I used AA, SR, + much wisdom from elsewhere and made sure that I dedicated my life to recovery. It worked and the promises as promised in the BB of AA materialised over time.

Regardless of what program you use, even if you Make up your own based on bits of many others that work then actively practicing it every day is essential to stay sober. This is my experience and shared merely to try to help any newcomers. Without some program to work then the inevitable feelings of needing to get wasted will come back and you’ll likely drink again.

Grateful to be sober, grateful to be an alcoholic.

Keep The Faith
Old 02-08-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Without experience of success, I completely agree. I poo poo'd AA for as long as possible citing minor differences in opinion but after trying to quit multiple times and running into that 30 day wall and folding like a cheap suit, I've bought the book and will be attending a Beginners meeting in a day or so and plan on going full speed lapping up any info and tips I can get. AA SR, books, dvds, and most importantly a desire to quit and surrender to my HP. Thank you for this post.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post brighterday. I’m learning there’s so much more to this than not drinking. AA has been a great help to me, as is this site.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome post, man!
Old 02-09-2018, 07:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Talking to somebody earlier today about this. My program has evolved over the years as I’ve progressed on my journey of life and life on life’s terms has happened and I’ve adjusted my program accordingly to deal with this. I’ve found that when life has been really tough in sobriety then my spirituality and handing my life’s plan/will over to my hp has also increased as I’ve used this as a tool to get me through immensely challenging situations that have happened to me.

The thing that I’ve learned in my recovery is that recovery is incredibly personal and there certainly will not be a one-size-fits-all approach as everyone’s story is different. However there are fundamental principles of recovery from addiction which will need to be met for one to recover.

Grateful to be sober, grateful to be an alcoholic.