Notices

1 week into detoxing myself from suboxone. Positive.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 week into detoxing myself from suboxone. Positive.

Hello all, I see not many people use this often but I figured I'll give it a go. My name is Brad, I am currently 23 years of age. Over the last 5 or so years of my life I have been struggling with heavy opiate abuse. At first it was fun, just getting high, enjoying myself. Then I realized one day when not having it that I was addicted. From then it was a downhill spiral. I started with Percocet, Vicodin, etc. Then, sadly to say after that, I fell into heroin. At first one or two bags made me feel great obviously, but it all spiraled from there. Selling my own stuff, taking my parents money, avoiding all help to get clean. I hid it well for around, oh 2 years. Then I was a few weeks clean, my parents made me detox, they literally would not let me leave the house haha. It sucked. But I thought I was better. Then I got a job, fell right back into heroin again. 10 or so bags a day, I would CHEW fentanyl 100 mcg patches just to get high. I got kicked out, moved to Phillipsburg with a complete stranger. This was 2 and a half years ago, I entered a suboxone clinic he told me about. He was getting me methadone occasionally but when he couldn't he saw how I felt. Hence why he mentioned the clinic. Up until 1 week ago, I was at that clinic. I took my last dose subs at last week, and well it sucks. Honestly I used tramadol to ease my pain, till I almost overdosed. Haven't taken that in over a day now, and I just found Kratom today. Right now, for short term use, it is a godsend. I got it at 1 pm Sunday, so yesterday, took around 6 or so grams and all my withdrawal was gone. It is a natural herb, that yes if taken in LARGE doses for a GOOD amount of time caan become addicting, but only like caffeine. Either way, I am 1 week off suboxone and 1 day off of tramadol. All of my symptoms are gone with this herb. I know it is tough all of you, but with proper care from friends, or loved ones, it can be beaten. Not easily, but it can. I know so. Someone out there loves all of you. And if you ever need to talk, well haha I can see many people are here. But I will say one thing. If you're currently having strong symptoms, or even mild. Look up kratom. I know it can save MANY lives when used properly. If you took the time to read this. Thank you for your support. I look forward to this group. I just joined right now haha.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR Resifan! Congrats on getting off the suboxone.

Best of Luck on Your Journey!
Old 02-05-2018, 03:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, it's much appreciated hardest part is over. Now I'm just using kratom for RLS and chills. Then after a week or so I will take nothing at all woo!!
Old 02-05-2018, 04:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rar

I don't have any experience in withdrawing from or using drugs, but I wish you well in your recovery. Hang in there. One day at a time.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi resifan

I don't mean to rain on your parade but if you wander over to the substance abuse forum, or you do a site search, you'll find a lot of threads going back several years from people whose experience with Kratom is nowhere near as positive as yours has been so far.

I really do wish you the best - but I'd do some research before you start recommending it for others and before you yourself get in too deep.

D
Old 02-05-2018, 04:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the positive reinforcement I really appreciate it all. Also Dee I am a bit of hypochondriac, so I looked a lot of it up before trying it myself. I did like 3 days research then after the tramadol thing I said nope. Gonna try it. So far it is working wonders. I recommend only to people who will try it safely. And will not abuse it. It doesn't get you hiiigh. If you're a user of something or going through withdrawal. It just takes all pains away. For me at least. I appreciate it and everyone here. Even though I joined a few hours ago.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You;re gonna do what you're gonna do so good luck.

I just sent you a PM tho.

I get you're enthusiastic - but please don't recommend it for others.

It goes against our medical advice rule.

D
Old 02-05-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh damn. My apologies I will edit and delete those from my post. I don't know why I forgot about that.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I dont know how to change it!!
Old 02-05-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries - only mods and admins can change stuff after 15 mins.

I removed some stuff, I posted about other stuff to you in other posts...I'm ok to leave it at that....way past my bedtime

D