Notices

10 days sober

Old 02-03-2018, 02:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 days sober

Hi, I'm on my 10th day of sobriety and each day is worse. I can't sleep, have zero sober friends, on lockdown at sisters til rehab..which I am ok with. The first week I felt great, excited, slept like a baby. Then had a complete change...cry when nobody is around, ate up with guilt, angry at myself and feeling like a burden...
I know it is normal, and staying sober is my only option, I dont want to drink or use, I just don't know how to get through this internal pain. I go to meetings when my sis can take me, but I cant drive myself bc dad and sis took my car and phone. I feel so stupid for allowing myself to reach this low.
Thanks for letting me get that out. I dont want to appear ungrateful to sis for all shes done to get me this far and honestly I dont blame anybody for the tight restrictions put on me...just myself.
To explain a bit more...3 weeks ago I cut my arm so deep I hit the muscle-limits my rehab choices. 2 weeks ago I escaped my ex after 3 days of being held captive while being choked and other abusive actions. Spent first 5 days detoxing and psych hospital...now just sitting here waiting for rehab..I wish somebody could just make it all better. Unfortunately I am the only one who can.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ih2s

yeah the easrly gays are rough but the support ghere really helped. I promise things get better - I dunno about you but I drank for years - it was pretty obvious I needed more than a couple of weeks to recuperate...but I did...and you will too

glad you joined us

D
Old 02-03-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You will see the slogan in every AA room " A day at a time " and that,s what I had to do till the days eventually the days added up . Recovery isn't a steady line up to wellness there are dips along the way some small ones some larger ones but by not picking up that first drink the dips get less and further apart and recovery is assured .
Old 02-03-2018, 07:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by ih2s View Post
I know it is normal, and staying sober is my only option
I think that's key. As you get more sober, you will develop or learn more coping skills and ways to help yourself make positive changes in other areas of your life. Right now, you are doing all the right things!