Notices

Crashing?

Old 02-01-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crashing?

Today is my day 14. This is the longest I’ve been alcohol free since 16 days in feb 2017, and 36 days in April 2013. I got help to detox and have been going to AA daily. My will is strong, but I’m crashing. I was so “high” these last two weeks. A constant “this girl is on fire” tune ringing in my happy motivated head. Yesterday I started dragging. Today it took all I had to get out of bed and do my mom stuff and get to work. I’m tired!!! I’ve been sleeping okay, not great. I hope that happy high returns soon, but for today I will push through. And for today I will not drink. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-01-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 14.

Life has it's ups and downs. I became more aware of them when I stopped using alcoholic to celebrate my ups and help me feel better when I was down.

Take it one day at a time. It will pass.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, early sobriety is rocky. I remember some days that I felt like I was high. Pink-cloud all day long! I thought that was the new normal. Then the next day, down.

It's a process working toward a moderation of emotions and reactions. Good job on 14 days, that's awesome.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That happy high is great, and my guess is it will return with even more time under your belt. The thing is, ALL people have ups and downs. Just the way life works.

You will get your stride back. Just accept this time for what it is. . .a dip where you are tired and not feeling great. Keep going, push through it.

And not to sound trite, but tomorrow is another day.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for your encouragement change, Bimini, and zebra. I am feeling better as the day goes on. I’m thankful for you guys though as it helps to have a “safe place”
Old 02-01-2018, 12:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey there,
If there is one thing i know from living on this spinning blue planet is that we all have ups and downs. Just know that eventually these feelings will pass. I'm currently feeling stressed and a little depressed about my current situation but i know that these feelings will pass. Do you have a group that you can attend ie AA or NA?
Garrison
Old 02-01-2018, 12:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can relate to what your going through Komplex. Great job on making it 14 days, that's huge. Keep doing what your doing one day at a time and those days will keep adding up.
For me, being at 158 days sober and practicing the AA steps, talking with my sponsor and going to lots of meetings; The beginning was full of highs and lows frequently, as the days started adding up I began to level out. The highs weren't so high and the lows weren't so low and they became less frequent. I'm at a stage now where I'm fairly level for a week or 2, then I hit a low for a day or 2. It's becoming less and less.
The big thing for me is when I hit that low, I need to talk to somebody about it asap and share how I'm feeling. This usually helps get me out of the funk I'm in quicker than if I bottle it all up like I'm used to doing in the past. It's a new way of living for me and I realize I still have a ways to go. But... it's way better than it was 5 months ago.
Best of luck to you.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

caution on searching for or expecting "highs" - what you are experiencing with being tired it totally normal, it happens in early recovery and it just happens in good ole life too. not every day is going to be A.MAZ.ING. some days are like wading thru waist deep cold oatmeal. there will be days that hotdogs for dinner is about as gourmet and healthy as it's going to get. that you'll get home at the end of the day and THEN discover the three stains on the front of your blouse that you wore to work.

yes sobriety is to be embraced and reveled in, but easy does it!!!
Old 02-01-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling a little better Komplex. Like others have said you'll have ups and downs...but the downs won't last for days or weeks like they used to when I was drinking
Old 02-01-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

a rollercoaster- pull the seatbelt up tight and
have a good meeting tonight.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by comtnman740 View Post
Hey there,
If there is one thing i know from living on this spinning blue planet is that we all have ups and downs. Just know that eventually these feelings will pass. I'm currently feeling stressed and a little depressed about my current situation but i know that these feelings will pass. Do you have a group that you can attend ie AA or NA?
Garrison
Thanks Garrison. I have been going to AA, I like it there. I’m sorry hear you’re stressed. We will get through this.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your replies. I’m feeling a bit better this evening and off to a meeting in a bit. Have a great evening!
Old 02-01-2018, 07:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

At day 14 your brain chemistry is still re-learning how to function without fighting the sedative/CNS depressant we call alcohol.

Highs will seem really high, and lows take you to the depths, but eventually you will heal and stabilize. Until then, one day at a time. And remember that feelings aren't reality. They're just feelings, you don't have to act on them, they don't mean you're not doing something right, and they will pass.