Notices

Day 1 Month 2 moving forward

Old 01-31-2018, 11:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 Month 2 moving forward

Hi all

Day 32 today.
I resumed abstinence after a slip at Christmas.
I found myself almost straight away physically and mentally literally grounded. I have been following and posting although in all aspects of life I have really been running deep and silent.

(I will not make the same mistake again sobriety is the path forwards)

The good news is that over that past few days things started to change, I am feeling quite a bit better mentally somewhat clearer and physically not fighting to escape the bed and start the day. The lethargy which lasted most of the morning is easing off. That is one hell of a relief.

My Primary addition to the sobriety plan moving forward into month two is to tackle the healthy diet side.

I have been eating healthy food however I have also been eating sooooooo many sweets and chocolate.

The sweets and chocolate will be booted out the door I need to get the sugar monster under control.

I would love to hear how
🤜knocking the sugar out🤛 went for you.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on one month down
D
Old 02-01-2018, 01:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello, very similar time without drinking. I am also eating a lot of chocolate. But as we are new to this I am not worrying. I am getting a lot more more exercise, so hopefully this will offset it. Once the new way of life beds in, I’ll reduce the chocolate! Good luck, eating chocolate is a lot less harmful than drinking!
Old 02-01-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 33 days!
If you find the EASY solution to knocking the sweet c**p on it's head, I would love to hear it too!
I am fatally addicted to cream cakes at the moment and I didn't even like cake when I started getting sober.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for this post. I am struggling with the blahs and it is inspiring to hear it gets better. Congrats on your sober month!!!
Old 02-01-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Embracing Joys of Sobriety

For me, I drink tons of herbal teas or homemade bone broth to keep my sweet cravings away. Every four days I make my own beef bone broth and drink it throughout the day and if a strong urge hits in, I reach out to herbal teas such as turmeric, Bengal spice or ginger lemon etc. with sugar free toasted coconut/almond milk.

February is my sugar free month and I intend to announce on March 1 that I made it through!!

You can do it too !
Old 02-01-2018, 07:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi all

D thanks again!

Zbee hi there😁

Culture
lol I had an image of a person face planting the window of the local bakers drewelling over the cream cakes.
Keep your eyes peeled there are now 2 posts on this subject.

Komplex
Hope that it's not a blip me feeling a bit better because the BLAH lasted twice as long before I had a slip at Christmas.

Gem
Thanks for the tips and brews. I have heard lots of good stuff about tumeric in particular.

Keep posting, Dusty😎