Notices

Didn't do it again

Old 01-31-2018, 10:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Didn't do it again

Who am I without beer? I don't remember. 3 days sober, then a trip to Holiday gets me a six pack and I'm feeling sooooo good. My poor children, they don't deserve this life. I would promise to be better, but I know I won't suceed. Worst Mom ever.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not. Even. Close.

You don’t know anything of the kind. You are right back here posting. Three days is still an achievement.

Next time the cravings hit aim for ‘didn’t do it again’ to mean you didn’t drink. Trust me we ALL know how hard this is.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome back Kage

I really believe success is related to how hard we work - when you think of how hard we work to drink and keep our lives jobs and families going, it's clear none of us is a stranger to hard work - we just need to keep the focus and the effort on not drinking.

Just because you've never stayed sober for long before need not be a factor here if you commit to doing whatever it takes to stay sober

If SR is your only support why not really use it - start posting here daily? Maybe join our Class of February support thread?

ll you need to do to join is post:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ad-pt-1-a.html
Old 02-01-2018, 12:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Who will I be when I quit beer?

Originally Posted by kage007 View Post
Who am I without beer? I don't remember. 3 days sober, then a trip to Holiday gets me a six pack and I'm feeling sooooo good. My poor children, they don't deserve this life. I would promise to be better, but I know I won't suceed. Worst Mom ever.

Lots of people have drunk for so long that they don't remember what the sober life was like.

Try some positive reinforcement of your goal.
I am giving up alcohol
I will be xxxxxxx
I have siezed sobriety and this is what I will do with it.
Make a list of realistic things that you want from a sobre life, written in a way like above.
Make a plan of how you are going to commit to sobriety 1 month plan, three month plan 1 year plan.
PLAN, PLAN TO WIN!
Old 02-01-2018, 02:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey..... listen; YOU CAN LIVE SOBER.

You can.

Go easy on yourself and make a new choIce, right now.

It’s not too late

You can.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by kage007 View Post
I know I won't suceed. Worst Mom ever.
Biggest mistake I ever made was believing the things my addiction told me to think about myself.

The most fundamental aggression to ourselves, the most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves, is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently.
- Pema Chodron
Old 02-01-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It’s so crazy what our minds can convince us to believe. I remember so many times telling myself that I would buy one more bottle of wine that night, and it’d be “the last for a while”. Bargaining with myself. Sounded so reasonable for far too long. Never ended up that way.

I think sometimes it takes many of those situations before we actually realize the pattern and even longer before we put a stop to it. It’s so tough, I’ve never experienced anything like it. It’s a battle but i think it can be won! I think the most important thing is to keep picking yourself back up and trying again no matter how long it takes for it to stick. Don’t give up! Im beginning day 3 today, I don’t think I’ve had more than one day in six months maybe more. 3 days is really an accomplishment even if you fell off. You got this! Good luck!