Notices

Wondering how people afford this...

Old 01-31-2018, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wondering how people afford this...

So hey everybody, my husband is on Suboxone and we are just trying to figure out how people are able to afford their prescriptions. Basically he has insurance through his employer but has to meet a $5,000 deductible before his PRESCRIPTION insurance will start paying the tab. Is there some form of assistance people use or coupons for discounted costs? I just can't believe that for all the people using this in their recovery, that it is so outrageously expensive. We cannot afford to pay $500/month out of our pocket to pay for this and he HAS to be on it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!
Old 01-31-2018, 05:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes there is a savings card he should be eligible for. Check suboxone.com

https://www.suboxone.com/treatment-plan/savings-card
Old 02-06-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am not a doctor and I AM NOT suggesting he touch his dose, BUT maybe seeing a separate suboxone doctor and getting their opinion on what a correct dosage is and compare the two doctor's answers and reviewing that might help. Suboxone doctors are known to waaaayyyyyyy over prescribe suboxone. Most doctors within the suboxone community have agreed that 3 a day is insane (that used to be the starting dose no matter what) and that for MOST not all, anything over 1 is overkill. Once again, I am NOT trying to tell you what dose he should be on, I am just giving you some food for thought.. (a personal example would be a doctor prescribed me 3 a day and after research I thought to get a second opinion, the next doctor (who had very high reviews within the addiction and mental health community) prescribed me half of suboxone strip a day. It not only worked BETTER for me but I also had a lot less side affects never mind the price difference.)
Old 02-06-2018, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Check to see if your State has Medicaid support for Suboxone.

I know my State has Medicaid financial support for Methadone maintenance & a lot of clinics accept Medicaid payment. There are clinics in my state that provide methadone & suboxone.

Also check with your medical provider they should be able to provide you with some sources of financial assistance