Notices

30 days sober

Old 01-30-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days sober

It’s been 30 days, it’s been pretty much what I figured it would be. Cloud nine to a dark hole to cloud nine again. I’ve had cravings on and off. Not really nightly anymore but more intense cravings when I do have them. Like tonight, we are having spaghetti and I haven’t had that for dinner for the last month, and I want a glass of red wine so badly, I can’t express! I’m still trying to explain my mentality toward drinking to my husband who can’t quite grasp yet why controlling or stopping is so stressful to me once I start to drink.

Currently we are talking about how I would have had one glass by now and then another with dinner and then another and then another.... so he knows my pattern but hasn’t seen it as a real issue for whatever reason?

He is becoming more talkative about it though, like saying he thinks I am definelty more genetically susceptible for alcoholism but have just been abusing alochol up to this point. I explained that alcoholism is a progressive disease and I could easily get to that point he’s referring to. He is assured that my mentality will change in a longer amount of days than a month, and I think he is trusting me to make the decision of if I pick it up again or not which makes me realize I am really doing this for me and where my alcohol abuse could lead.

So far my saving graces have been using other things as a means to wind down. I love reading alcoholic memoirs, coloring with music on, and reading about other things I find interesting.

I’m not sure what other hobbies will change or come along, but so far I’d say it’s been good more than it’s been hard or bad.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats readygo
D
Old 01-30-2018, 06:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

30 days is awesome! Great job!