Notices

Traveling......

Old 01-28-2018, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Traveling......

Sitting in the airport. Of course lots of people drinking, but I feel safe. I’m heading for 10 months, so I don’t want to give that up. I don’t want to get dumb just cause I’m tired. Stay strong all. Blessings
Old 01-28-2018, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

have a safe trip! congrats on almost 10 months! remember how good you will feel tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
Sitting in the airport. Of course lots of people drinking, but I feel safe. I’m heading for 10 months, so I don’t want to give that up. I don’t want to get dumb just cause I’m tired. Stay strong all. Blessings
Find a good book, and try to sleep once you get on the plane, or watch a movie if you aren't tired. You've got this.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've only traveled once at around 10mo? I don't count days.. Man it was stressful on the way there. While there I thought I'd be ok,but the old thoughts and stuff came back,so I hit up AA, came here and worked out a lot. Did give me some much needed self reflection time and where/what I see my life like from there forward.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 10 months SF

D
Old 01-30-2018, 06:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I made it back home. Still marching forward gratefully. But being out of a safe routine can cause waves. I have a week long trip for work in March. That will be a challenge, I am alone a lot, bored at night. If I go to the sponsored events after hours, we all know what that is about! I’ve been doing lots of music and I started drawing again some this past week. It’s not painting, but I’m trying to get there. Probably won’t happen anytime soon. Too much angst in the house with teenagers. But maybe pencil work will work for awhile. I will definitely have to have some strong plan elements in place before March.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad your back home SF. I think you need to prove to yourself that your recovery persists regardless of location.

If we're doing it right, we could live in a brewery..theoretically

D
Old 01-31-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A brewery would be easy.....a winery would be a sinking ship!�� LOL!!
But, yes being out of town shouldn’t sink me. I’m not sure how to prove that other than leave the safety of home from time to time. HALTS has served as a good tool to remind me of obvious triggers. Hungary....no no really, Angery.....always somewhat, more like exasperated, Lonely....an everyday every minute reality....deal with it, Tired.....by the end of the day, yes, Sad.....it’s a depression thing, an illusion, just ignore it.
I accept the swings as normal, but like all emotions, optional and untrustworthy.