Notices

New to the group.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to the group.

Hi. I’m currently on five days of sobriety. The other day changed my life. I blacked out drunk and said horrible things to my partner and almost wrecked my car. When I sobered up I realized my partner wants nothing to do with me and I have a problem. Being sober two days a week is not okay. I wouldn’t get drunk every day but I drank all of the five days. This has been going on for well over a year and I also suffer from depression and anxiety. I can’t continue to live like this anymore. I want off the roller coaster to be myself again. The things I’ve done drunk are shameful to me. And also things I wouldn’t do sober.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Taras! Congratulations on your 5 days sober. The early days are rough, but we're here to help.

I was a wreck in the final days of my drinking life. Like you, I was doing dangerous & out-of-character things. There was no longer any control at all. I had to stop all together or die. You can reclaim your life - we're glad you're here.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Welcome Taras! Congratulations on your 5 days sober. The early days are rough, but we're here to help.

I was a wreck in the final days of my drinking life. Like you, I was doing dangerous & out-of-character things. There was no longer any control at all. I had to stop all together or die. You can reclaim your life - we're glad you're here.

Thank you so much!!!
Old 01-27-2018, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!! Glad to see you here, and yay for five days. That’s awesome!!
Old 01-27-2018, 06:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Komplex View Post
Welcome!!!! Glad to see you here, and yay for five days. That’s awesome!!
Thank you!😊
It’s been a tough five days.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Tara,

5 days is fantastic. Try not to be too hard on yourself, you are making positive steps in the right direction. You are in the right place. I’m just a few days ahead of you and have found the folk here fantastic.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scottynz View Post
Welcome Tara,

5 days is fantastic. Try not to be too hard on yourself, you are making positive steps in the right direction. You are in the right place. I’m just a few days ahead of you and have found the folk here fantastic.
I appreciate that. Congratulations to you as well! Night time has been harder than the daytime. I think it’s a combination of things. I’ve been more aware of my depression since sobering up.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Taras

I had no idea how I'd live sober, but SR helped me - I know we can help you too.
D
Old 01-28-2018, 01:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome taras and congrats on 5 days ☺
Old 01-28-2018, 02:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome, Taras!
You will find alot of support here. Glad you found us. Things will get better with each sober day. You have received a "wake-up call" to change your life before it gets worse. Keep staying strong and sober! Congrats on 5 days!
Old 01-28-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 days & welcome to SR! I'm on day 14 after many attempts. SR has been a great support for me and i hope it'll do the same for you. Look forward to seeing you around. 😊