Not a good day....

Old 01-26-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not a good day....

Well had another family therapy meeting today... started off great... then ended in a train wreck...

I have discovered that I have referred to my kids as my family... with it excluding my wife... I see her as an outsider now... wanting to come back into the folds of the family, but I am not willing to accept that.... I think of her differently now... Not sure if i will ever feel the way towards her that I once did... respect is lost, trust is lost... bringing someone back into my house with those issues requires rules... and those rules unfortunately make her feel less than.... so I know that I am not ready for her to come back yet as we are miles apart on some major issues.

Part of the problem is that she wants me to hold her accountable... I am tired of doing that... it was a losing battle if the person is not willing to be accountable. I have also determined that I let her use and take advantage in such a big way that i no longer am willing to do that. I do not hate her as much as I hate myself for having let her do that...

Anyways... kinda lost at the moment... gotta find myself.. and I know that the more I find myself, the less I like our relationship.

T
Old 01-27-2018, 10:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Those rules make her feel "less than".

She wants you to hold her accountable.

To me, these statements do not match up.

It does not sound like she respects your boundaries. It sounds like she's just telling you she does, while at the same time trying to make you feel guilty for enforcing them.

I'm sorry if anything I've said sounds harsh. That's just my take. I hope things work out for all of you.