Vision Boards

Old 01-26-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vision Boards

Has anyone done one of these? I had a great experience with this exercise a few years ago so when the topic came up again 3x in conversation over a couple of weeks, I finally realized it might be fun to do another. Yes, Universe, I'm a little sloooooow these days, you may need to drop a clue a few times before I "get" it right now.

I finished about 95% of a HUGE poster-sized, Whole-Life Vision Board last night & it's interesting how much contentment I got out of simply creating it - gathering & arranging the pieces to "fit", while honoring the randomness of it too.

If you're feeling creative this weekend, this can be a super satisfying, self-focused project.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

FS...I love this idea. Can you explain a little more about how you put it together in that what materials you used,etc?
Old 01-26-2018, 08:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't overthink it - that's the only rule.

The first time I was focused on losing weight & getting healthy so the entire (smaller) board was filled with images I cut out of old magazines which represented TO ME the type of healthy thing I was wanting in my own world. So that included things like strength, lean bodies, healthy food choices.

This time, I went big. I keyword searched online for things I want to create in my Whole Life reality - for some this might be things like wealth, travel, love, career, hobby, etc. I chose more detailed images & sayings that resonated for my specific wants, keeping in mind to "be careful what I wished for" & then put my board together semi-hodge-podge with these pieces & stickers & anything else that is personal to me like symbols I drew, etc.

You can literally use ANYTHING - because the theme/tone of the board will drive the types of pieces you might gather, you see? If I was doing one all about creativity I might use pieces of cut glass, a small paint brush, etc.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/eliza...b_6392274.html
Old 01-26-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Love, love, love this! I am going to do this w/my DD. She is super creative and this would be right up her alley!!!! I cannot wait to see what we find for our boards!

Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 01-28-2018, 02:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My current three vision boards are:

1. Pinterest. Very deliberately coming together into what and who I am.

2. A full wall chalkboard I happened across yesterday. It was blank... stark black... I knew it was a vision board as soon as I started drawing on it.

3. A piece of colorful wrapping papper I taped to a table and added cutouts of photos and words from my favorite free local magazines and visitor guides. It's now on a wall on prominent display, plus photographed for a copy to carry with me.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Add to the creativity of vision boards...

Meditate and pray before making a vision board. This can be a deep meditation or a quick prayer with the intent to have fun... to find growth... to find connection within self.

Meditate about a vision board before falling asleep... be open to Awareness and Adventure... new GOODNESS or being carried through pain into HEALING.

My third vision board was quite simple. The dreams I had were an experience of healing.