Notices

2 days sober no withdrawals yet.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 days sober no withdrawals yet.

I only drank one 6 pack of 211 this week and I been sober since the last two days. I drank everyday 9 to 10 pints of 211 which is 8.1 alc/vol 16 ounces. Which I call the midale brother of a tall boy with is I believe 26 or 24 ounces. Anyways I have a minor liver inflammation and I can't drink alcohol as much but I can't stop at all because I'll get bad withdrawals which I assume. I never tried to just quit drinking. So what should I do? Drink every two days a six pack only to maintain my sanity and taper off?
Old 01-26-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 days! I’d say if you’re at 2 days sober, why turn back now. If withdrawal worries you, check with your Dr. I did and he helped me a lot! Good luck and hope to see those days add up!
Old 01-26-2018, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I 2nd the above. You're already 2days ahead here..why go back to the start?
Old 01-26-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Komplex View Post
Congrats on 2 days! I’d say if you’re at 2 days sober, why turn back now. If withdrawal worries you, check with your Dr. I did and he helped me a lot! Good luck and hope to see those days add up!
I was given librium 10mg well the generic kind. I didn't take it today and I feel fine. Just scared if I don't drunk today I will have a fatal seizure. Also I tend to always over think stuff like over think think.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
I 2nd the above. You're already 2days ahead here..why go back to the start?
Honestly I don't want to quit fully I just want to moderate it. Idk I have to watch my drinking anyways because my liver is inflamed. Well the doctor said so. He said it was reversable and didn't even bother to tell me more. So I guess it's not as bad right? Also I don't have a Dr I went to the er for a panic attack. It's hard because I'm wanting a beer so badly right now.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aquariuslife View Post
Honestly I don't want to quit fully I just want to moderate it. Idk I have to watch my drinking anyways because my liver is inflamed. Well the doctor said so. He said it was reversable and didn't even bother to tell me more. So I guess it's not as bad right? Also I don't have a Dr I went to the er for a panic attack. It's hard because I'm wanting a beer so badly right now.
I tried to moderate when I came here too. You can read through my threads and see how that worked out for me. If you're craving a beer on day 2..you're physically dependant and will not be able to moderate your drinking. It's "turned" on you.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
I tried to moderate when I came here too. You can read through my threads and see how that worked out for me. If you're craving a beer on day 2..you're physically dependant and will not be able to moderate your drinking. It's "turned" on you.
I 2nd that.
You've crossed that threshold and become physically and mentally dependent. I've tried for many years to moderate but I could never do it because I've crossed that line, my way never worked and it failed me. Once you take that 1st drink, that craving kicks in and your hooped. Entire abstinence is the only way for me, and with that I needed help. SR is a great place to start.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hats View Post
I 2nd that.
You've crossed that threshold and become physically and mentally dependent. I've tried for many years to moderate but I could never do it because I've crossed that line, my way never worked and it failed me. Once you take that 1st drink, that craving kicks in and your hooped. Entire abstinence is the only way for me, and with that I needed help. SR is a great place to start.
Yeah I just cracked one just now it's coors light less strong then what I drank before . I'm just trying to moderate it. Idk
Old 01-26-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hats View Post
I 2nd that.
I like to drink but I'm just trying to moderate it. Like I drank every day and I'm trying to taper down. I have faith it will help though.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you intend to taper to quit completely, then we can offer support. I suggest that you talk to a dr about your liver damage so you have more information.

However, this board does not support moderation. As others have said, most of us here have tried moderation and failed and ended up worse off in the end.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
If you intend to taper to quit completely, then we can offer support. I suggest that you talk to a dr about your liver damage so you have more information.

However, this board does not support moderation. As others have said, most of us here have tried moderation and failed and ended up worse off in the end.
moderate to taper off is what I'm seeking
Old 01-26-2018, 12:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

moderate to taper off is what I'm seeking
Here was me when I joined: https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-everyone.html (Hi,everyone)

post #13 is me "cracking a beer to taper".... My story gets worse as it went on. Thread after thread..failed again..dui..ect....Just speaking from my experience. Again.. i know ALL of us have history of bad events due to alcohol/drugs and I'm not a special snowflake,but...it gets worse. Hell, you can read everyone who's replied to this threads(or on this site) history on here.. it's a crazy thing...booze/drug addiction!

After that post I drank very heavily off/on for another 2.5yrs or so? My "life(what ever that was)" was falling apart around me and I could not stop it while drinking..Just saying..
Old 01-26-2018, 12:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I was given librium 10mg well the generic kind. I didn't take it today and I feel fine. Just scared if I don't drunk today I will have a fatal seizure. Also I tend to always over think stuff like over think think.
I had the same fears. I have a lot of anxiety and I was terrified of quitting, then dying alone. But... I took the meds as prescribed (they prevent a seizure) and asked a good friend to stay close during the first 72 hours. It wasn’t so bad, and I’m so happy I got through it and am now enjoying day 8. Do you have someone that can stay near by or at least expect check ins from you for the next 24-48 hours?
Old 01-26-2018, 02:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Aquariuslife

Like others have said if you're worried about withdrawal, see a Dr.

Trying to taper down is really not much good unless you know what you're doing.

At 2 days, no problems, I'd be more inclined just to press on forward, not drink some more.

I tried moderation - we all did If I could have I would have...but I couldn't.

I'm glad really - life without the monkey on my back is pretty sweet

D
Old 01-26-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Komplex View Post
I had the same fears. I have a lot of anxiety and I was terrified of quitting, then dying alone. But... I took the meds as prescribed (they prevent a seizure) and asked a good friend to stay close during the first 72 hours. It wasn’t so bad, and I’m so happy I got through it and am now enjoying day 8. Do you have someone that can stay near by or at least expect check ins from you for the next 24-48 hours?
I got my mother around me, I will stop but I need to taper off to completely quit. Also I have 10 mg librium which is the generic one so it doesn't really help much. I have a appointment on Tuesday so they can check my liver more and to give me good meds for bad withdrawals so I can finally get this monkey off my shoulder. Only reason I started drinking was because anxiety but now that I have meds for it well not so good ones I can finally stop drinking alcohol.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Aquariuslife

Like others have said if you're worried about withdrawal, see a Dr.

Trying to taper down is really not much good unless you know what you're doing.

At 2 days, no problems, I'd be more inclined just to press on forward, not drink some more.

I tried moderation - we all did If I could have I would have...but I couldn't.

I'm glad really - life without the monkey on my back is pretty sweet

D
Hell yeah. I just want my life back but I'm to scared to takes meds for the withdrawal symptoms when I can taper off.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm confused. I thought you said there aren't any withdrawal symptoms.

Sounds like you just want a drink.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you can go without drinking for 2 days without ill effect I can't see the need for further tapering?

If you're still worried about withdrawal though, it's better to see a Dr (a professional) than it is to taper (amateur self medication).

D
Old 01-26-2018, 06:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Drinking Steel Reserve 211

is like receiving a blood transfusion

from the devil.

You need to pull that line out of your arm and run as fast and as far as you can.

And DON'T look back.

(don't ask me how I know...)
Old 01-27-2018, 05:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Aquarius. Have you had any withdrawal symptoms?