Notices

2 weeks today=thank you!

Old 01-26-2018, 05:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks today=thank you!

I'm so happy to wake up clear headed, go for a run, drunk coffee, and go to work confident, prepared, and calm. I feel like a white ball of light, slowly expanding. I'm excited to build on this progress, and I'm going to post a longer post this weekend detailing my plan for tackling week 3 (usually where I fall off the wagon). Love to you all, and thank you for being there at the beginning! It' been so helpful reading your posts. I've thought innumerable times "if they can do it, I can do it!"
Old 01-26-2018, 05:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
I'm so happy to wake up clear headed, go for a run, drunk coffee, and go to work confident, prepared, and calm. I feel like a white ball of light, slowly expanding. I'm excited to build on this progress, and I'm going to post a longer post this weekend detailing my plan for tackling week 3 (usually where I fall off the wagon). Love to you all, and thank you for being there at the beginning! It' been so helpful reading your posts. I've thought innumerable times "if they can do it, I can do it!"
Congrats! I am on day 10 love reading from others that are ahead of me. Keeps me going.!

Have a great day!
Old 01-26-2018, 05:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks! You CAN do this
Old 01-26-2018, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Now you are so encouraging to me!! way to go on 2 weeks. I love hearing about how you feel so much better. I am determined to get there also.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Consider me encouraged, too! On my day 5 (amazing for me) and looking to folks like you - and so many others - I find inspiring! Can't wait to post my own 2 weeks.

Congratulations and enjoy a beautiful day!
Old 01-26-2018, 08:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks Professor
Old 01-26-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's great! Posting here a lot has saved me soooo many times through the holidays,ect.. Normally this is about the time of year I'd be coming back on here...again...with some alcohol induced nonsense/drama. Happy to say I'm over a year now. Things aren't always sunshine and roses. It's the tools you gain/use(like your plan for next week) to get you through "life happening" that are very important.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yay, Professor D! Way to go on 2 weeks! So happy for you.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Congrats on 2 weeks! That is terrific! It gets better and better each day so keep staying strong!
Old 01-26-2018, 09:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Rar

Congratulations ProfessorD. On to Week 3. You can do this.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

14 days! WOOO! congrats!
Old 01-26-2018, 02:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This is wonderful ProfessorD! I can't wait to wake up clear headed and go for good healthy runs...not endure a run with a wine hangover. Also, coffee always tastes so much better when one's body/tastebuds aren't soaked in alcohol. Thanks for the reminder. It's the small pleasures/blessings which we numb ourselves to under the influence. Stay strong and stick to your plan in week 3. I'm going to follow right behind you.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

2 weeks - we are so proud of you, ProfessorD. Not sure why we thought we were somehow helping ourselves cope, or enhancing our lives, by drinking. Feeling like 'a white ball of light' - it's hard to beat that. Congratulations. Even better days lie ahead.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Professor D

D
Old 01-27-2018, 05:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Professor--you can certainly do it! SR has been an enormous help to me in getting and staying sober and I am very glad you are here. It's a great idea to have a plan and the awareness that week 3 is a trouble spot for you.
I have 2 years and one month of sobriety and I thought I could never do it, but I just kept getting up sober in the morning and going to bed sober at night, and now I am committed to my new life. It's not perfect, but it's good--which is a far cry from my previous existence. Wishing you all the best.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

"Feeling like a white ball of light, slowly expanding" , what a great way of describing it! Thanks for that!

The good news is that as long as you don't drink that ball will continue to expand!
Old 01-27-2018, 05:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Very well done. Two weeks is a fantastic start.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks. I believe in you and your ability to blow right past week 3. You are an inspiration to me!
Old 01-27-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Here's my plan for getting to week 3 (posting here for accountability!)

My plan is called the "Get Thee Behind Me Plan." Dee used “dancing with the devil” as the theme for the weekender thread, so I’m thinking about that. Getting beyond the third week is always a challenge for me, and I’m going to do everything in my power to soar through this stage of the recovery process. Here’s what I know will happen:

1. My alcoholic voice will tell me I have earned a drink by the end of the week. My AV will tell me things like, “you don’t really have a problem, otherwise you wouldn’t have been able to stop” and “you can have one beer with friends. You don’t want to be a weirdo and not drink, right?” I will know that voice isn’t me. I will reward myself with a nice home cooked meal (and desert! which I never eat) with a movie instead.

2. On Thursday and Friday, the days I am most likely to relapse, I will make NO PLANS with work friends to go out, get dinner, etc. Although I have done a great job keeping up with these kinds of outings while remaining sober, I deserve a break to recuperate my strength to stay sober. Instead I’ll work out and go for a long drive. My friends will understand.

3. I will post on SR more frequently, and explore new parts of the site to find new resources. The more actively engaged I am with recovery the better. I will listen to sober podcasts.

4. I will schedule quality time to chat with my support system (my husband and close friends) BEFORE not AFTER a potential relapse. I will make an effort to go to bed and wake up every morning this week in a relaxed manner. I will journal every day, monitoring my emotions. I will envision reaching 3 weeks, a month, 6 months, a year, etc. of sobriety.

That's what I have so far! Very excited and confident I can do this! Thank you all so much for being supportive; it means the world to me.

Last edited by ProfessorD; 01-27-2018 at 07:16 AM. Reason: typos
Old 01-27-2018, 02:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Of course you're going to do it, Professor. Looks like you have everything covered - excellent planning. We're glad you are part of the family.