I have a date with my husband tonight

Old 01-25-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have a date with my husband tonight

I am looking forward to this. I am still scared of being happy.

It's a family date... me, my husband and our youngest son. It's not like we haven't done this before... yet we haven't in this context, this season of our journeys.

Taco Bell came out with their fries today! I love Taco Bell. Then we're going swimming at a hot springs.

Time with each other, easy fun food, time in mineral pools with pine trees and snow in the mountains.

Healing time together.

I'm thankful No Contact during his relapse taught me how to keep my own healing space even now... not needing to connect with other people, including my husband and our grown children, has really kept the focus on my own recovery... exactly where it needs to be right now.

We're learning to connect in very easy fun ways that are healthy for all three of us. Taking things one moment at a time.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

30+ years of marriage.

Family recovery groups.
Lots of support for each of us from many people who've also been through this.

Discovering I was severely abused as a child and didn't know it... this has really turned my world upside more than anything else.

Taking a deep breath. Talking things out here. Going to sit with this a bit and let emotions flow, then take the puppy for a walk.

Any comments at all would really help. Thoughts, prayers please.

For anyone wondering.... I am very, very, very far from being ready for physical intimacy! Just a family date night and yet it's a huge step forward for me on many levels of my own healing.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is so exciting and wonderful! I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face. Its nice to know there CAN be a happy ending. Have fun and Im so glad you got to this point.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope it went well, sounds like an amazing time! I have always wanted to go to a hot spring!
Old 01-26-2018, 07:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How was your evening Mango? How long has it been since you guys got together as a family before this? :huh:
Old 01-26-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mango, you told me yesterday ... "not too slow, not too fast ... just the right timing. What you are feeling is normal. "

The springs sounds amazing! Hope your time together was a good. I think you are doing a great job of living in the moment. Hugs.

GM
Old 01-26-2018, 09:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds wonderful! I am so happy for you. I hope it was an amazing evening and helped your healing process even more! Keep us posted!
Old 01-26-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Adventuring together!

I needed it much more than I realized. Each adventure is new...

Still processing my thoughts, feelings... more faulty core beliefs cropped up during a dream this morning. No coincidence in the timing of it.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

This, today, feels like a sacred journey of exploring my spirit, my core beliefs, the vision of who I am inside myself.

To incorporate it with family time, time where we nourish ourselves in mind, body and spirit.... where we allow ourselves to be at ease with each other...

Today there is something I'm withholding from myself and this experience... I'm not quite ready to see or voice it, yet it feels like something very positive.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing Mango. Im so happy for your entering this phase of the journey. I love it when people post about their own self care and awareness, but also how it fits in with rebuilding the family unit.

My husband and I did just what you are doing. Took things slow, kept it simple and fun, and built on what came from it. I view the journey now as a precious gift.